Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Gun Pr0n #42

Okay. The past few Friday pics have been handguns. Time to showcase a rifle.



Today's gun is a Remington model 511. It's a bolt-action, magazine-fed rifle chambered in .22LR/.22L/.22S. The standard six round magazine fits flush to the stock, and there are 10 round magazines available that obviously extend out further. This particular rifle is topped with a $10 4X Tasco scope from MidwayUSA.




But damn, this sumbitch can shoot:



That's all six shots in a circle that can be covered with a quarter. Distance was 25 yards, from an improvised rest (I leaned on the counter), at an indoor range.



Oh, did I mention the rifle was free?


That is all.

3 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

oooo, my kinda of price tag. I must think on scopifying my free 22 rifle.

Weer'd Beard said...

I have a Glenfield Model 60 (Old Brand name for Marlin) I bought it at Four Seasons for $60. It jams every shot with certain ammo, but the ammo it likes there is ZERO issues and it shoots like a dream and hold s 18+1 of .22 LR.

For $60 you really can't beat that!

Ken said...

Sweet. I have a 510, likewise free (it was in the attic of a house I bought at the end of 1991). No scope, and I can't shoot the way you can, but it's a nice little rifle.