Friday, February 8, 2008

Friday Gun Pr0n #45

Numerologically speaking, today's picture just HAD to be something that Sir John Moses Browning designed:

Today's pic gives us not one but two Colts, and from the opposite end of the Colt spectrum. On the left we have a Colt 1991A1, Colt's "response" to the burgeoning 1911 market in the early 1990s whereby they shaved a few corners (but still produced a damn good gun, he hastens to add) to produce a more, ahem, affordable pistol. The right side is a no-holes-barred Gold Cup, one of the shining jewels in the armory, a delight to shoot (it's FAR more accurate that I'll ever shoot it) and a trigger of beauty.
That is all.

10 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

That does it. I'm buying a 1911 next week, come heck or slight risen water.

What am I saying? Even Hell or HIGH water.

Weer'd Beard said...

Do they Both have the Colt "Series 80" Drop Safty?

Anonymous said...

Where's your "original" 1911 ???

Jay G said...

Weer'd,

Yes, they both do.

Brad,

Bottom of the safe. Didn't have time to dig it out.

Anonymous said...

Jay, does that alluminum cased ammo run well for you? I've never tried it in a .45 auto. I read of extractor issues with it but I have no idea what they're based on.

Jay G said...

angus,

I put 500 rounds of it through 4 different 1911s - the two shown, plus an AutoOrnance AO1911 and the WWI military issue 1911 Brad asked about.

No problems feeding, firing, or ejecting, at least none that stick out (I mean, I may have had one or two failures to feed out of the group, but nothing extraordinary).

freddyboomboom said...

Ahoy Angus!

I've never experienced any issues with Blazer aluminum cased ammo in any semi-automatic pistol, 9mm/.40 S&W/.45 ACP.

YMMV

Yar!

doubletrouble said...

That is all??
THAT IS ALL?????

Shame for not digging out the "original" for a trifecta of horsey goodness...

Tsk.

Anonymous said...

Double . . . I'll second that motion and raise ya' !!!!!

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Just beautiful.
St. Browning would be pleased...