Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It Pays to Advertise?

Maybe I'm flush with the success of this past weekend's newbie range trip.


I've decided to be a bit more, err, prominent in displaying my support for the Second Amendment:


Let's see... GOAL, NRA, and RKBA. All I need now is an NES sticker under the Harley emblem and I'm all set...

I figured, yeah, having pro-2A stickers on my truck might make me more of a target. It wouldn't be the first time my truck was vandalized for the stickers displayed. But I'm willing to take that risk - if I can get even one person to ask me about going to the range, it's well worth the risk.

That is all.

7 comments:

breda said...

you need a "Guns Save Lives" sticker from VCDL.

Anonymous said...

Moreover, maybe you'll get lucky and catch one of the little bas****s screwing with your truck.
emdfl

Weer'd Beard said...

Yeah I can't bring myself to do it. My Town Republican and 2A Stickers abound, but I travel to far too many leftie places for me to put my lovely pickup at risk.

Instead I wair 2A shirts and such...let them try and vandalize me ; ]

Sevesteen said...

If I didn't sometimes leave a handgun locked in my car, I'd have stickers. I'm near paranoid about having a gun stolen.

Jay G said...

Breda,

One sticker at a time.

The first one was the NRA. Had that on for about six months with no ill effects... The GOAL one is pretty small, and I doubt more than 1 out of 100 people have any idea what RKBA stands for.

emdfl,

That would be both good and bad. Good, because they would be taught the very valuable lesson that actions have consequences.

Bad, because I'd almost certainly break bones...

weer'd,

You'd be suprised. I've had the NRA sticker for about six months now, to no ill effects.

Sevesteen,

I guess you could call that an "advantage" of MA. There's no way on G-d's Green Earth I would leave a firearm in my car one millisecond longer than I absolutely had to. So if someone breaks into my truck looking for one they ain't gonna find it.

'Course, they might still be looking for it when I return.

See comment to emdfl...

Borepatch said...

What, no gun rack????

Jay G said...

What would be the point? It's against the "safe storage" laws to actually use the gun rack as intended...

Day Two, and so far all four tires have remained inflated...