Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Gun Pr0n #82

Today's gun is inspired by the lively chat that accompanied this past Tuesday's Gun Nuts. The second part of the show centered on "favorite guns" (I of course had to mention my grandfather's Colt Official Police), and the conversation turned to the first gun ever fired.

Well, here she is:



That's a Stevens Model 311C .410 side-by-side shotgun. I shot this about, oh, thirty years ago while tromping around in the woods with Dad G. I don't even remember what we were allegedly "hunting" - I think Dad just felt it was time for his boy to fire his first shotgun. Would have probably been better had I not fired both barrels at once, though.

Fear not. Dad caught the gun before it hit the ground.

Anyhoo, I haven't shot it since. One of these days I'm going to bring it to the sooper-seekrit range and see how .410 birdshot does in redneck trap...

That is all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I've never touched off both barrels on a double before. I almost feel like I'm missing out...