Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Gun Pr0n #86

There are several stories behind the gun used for today's picture. It's a new acquisition, the gun I hinted at last Saturday. It belonged to Bruce, who has set his sights on bigger and better boomsticks, so I decided to give it a (hopefully temporary) home in the G. armory. It's also the gun I borrowed for the infamous teletubby bayonetting video. So I feel that I've known this gun for ages...

It's a standard run-of-the-mill Yugo SKS type 59/66, with integral bayonet (eek!) and grenade launcher (aie!). There's no pistol grip (phew!) or removable magazine (whew!), but it's still named in H.R. 1022 (albeit with a removable magazine), the latest attempt at renewing the Assault Weapon Ban of 1994.

Plus I've only got one other SKS, so this covers me under the "one is none, two is one" principle...

That is all.

3 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

Does it have the flip-up night-sights?

Mine is a Romanian, but I really want a Yugo too!

Fletch said...

Hey, at least you get the grenade launcher. In Ca, they weld a pipe over the launcher... Probably for fear that we'll somehow obtain the old kit required to actually launch a grenade, and somehow obtain an actual grenade, and somehow actually use the ancient hardware together without blowing ourselves up.

Kim du Toit said...

I want one, badly, but the good ones are running over $400 (what I paid for an AK about two years ago) and the $199.95 ones look kike total junk.

I think I'll head over to the ELGS over the weekend, just to see...