Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Must... Control... Fist of Death...

Boy howdy, but people get really fucking stupid when the snow flies...

Do not, I repeat, do NOT stop your fucking car at the base of a steep hill. You need the momentum of actual forward progession. SRSLY. Once you have started moving again, lay off the fucking gas - all it does is spin your wheels and dump you, sideways, in the ditch on the side of the road. If you've made me sit behind your stupid ass waiting for you to get a clue, all I'm gonna do is laugh when I go by. I'm not stopping to push your car out of the ditch.

I own a truck with four wheel drive. I know how to drive this truck in the snow and other inclement weather. I have practiced starts and stops, in and out of four wheel drive, in snow, ice, and heavy rain. I am not afraid to drive in snow. If you are afraid of driving in snow, please do the rest of the motoring public a favor and stay the hell home. Do not clog up the roadways with your 20 MPH-below-the-speed-limit idiocy.

On a related note, if I do happen to get stuck behind a timid, frightened snow rabbit, flying up on my bumper and riding my ass for 3-4 miles is a good way to get a Class IV receiver hitch-shaped hole smack dab in the center of your hood when you inevitably plow into me. I believe in using the vehicle's engine to brake, using more than just "D" out of the many gears available, and downshifting doesn't kick on the brake lights. I feel a lot less charitably inclined to flick the brake lights if you're being an ass.

And lastly... To the snowplows on the road - having that yellow Fisher appendage on the front of your truck does not excuse you from the rules of the road. You still need to stop at stop signs, heed red lights, and look when you back out of a driveway. Most of you have signs on the side of your truck complete with business name and phone numbers; the remainder of you still have license plates. In this electronic age, it's not terribly difficult to track someone down if you sufficiently enrage them.

Not that I'm advocating going to one of these cretin's house and leaving a flaming bag of poo on their doorstep, mind you. That would be childish and counterproductive. Plus it works a lot better if the flaming part is on top of a cocktail with a Russian name... But I digress...

Learn how to drive in inclement weather or stay the hell home. SRSLY.

That is all.

5 comments:

Sigivald said...

My bit of advice to people:

DO NOT stop going up a god damn HILL unless you are legally required to* or to prevent a collision.

Because even if your monster-traction all-wheel-drive chains-all-around and with-god's-own-luck ass can get moving again on a hill in the snow, the guy behind you might not.

* And even then you might not want to; if it's a stop sign and you can see that there's nothing coming, just keep moving. Seriously.

Heath J said...

I've been caught in a blizzard driving tractor through the hilly Ohio countryside, and that's every truckers nightmare.

"Is the idiot in front of me going to stop for now reason halfway up the FUCKING HILL??"

I've also been ass ended by a blonde ditz that didn't keep assured clearing distance from the back of my pickup , and met my pinnel hitch.

People. Just when you think they CAN'T POSSIBLY BE THAT FUCKING STUPID, they go and plus one it.

TOTWTYTR said...

It seems that some people's IQ drops one point for each snow drop.

You're right about snow plows. I saw at least two make left hand turns THROUGH a red light at a busy intersection in Boston. Morons.

Anonymous said...

Amen on all you wrote. I have used that line "I have 4WD and am not afraid to use it" on some people. Those are the people with 4WD, that for some reason, don't/won't use it.

Another thing to add to the list: If on a 2 lane road, just because my lane is clearer than your lane does not mean you can use it when you are going the opposite way. SERIOUSLY! When I have to drive on the shoulder (I could see the solid white line) to avoid you, you are on the wrong side of the road and need to get back over to the other side. At least look like you are attempting to get back over to your side! Someone is very lucky that I had a date at the shooting range with my husband and didn't want to cause a big mess on 202!

Anonymous said...

It was one such flaming arsehole who caused me to vow that my next vehicle would have AWD or 4WD - he STOPPED at the base of the hill on Lincoln St in Marlborough as I'm sitting in my FWD Sable behind him screaming "GO, YOU MORON! DON'T STOP THERE!!!" Said brain-dead halfwit was driving a Jeep... not thinking that maybe the people BEHIND HIM didn't have 4WD.

Result? See Subaru in garage below where I sit right now.