Sunday, December 28, 2008

Suddenly Sunday

Whoa. Sometimes you blink and life just whips right by. It seems like just yesterday I was sitting in a bar with a group of friends, enjoying good food with good company.

Oh, wait, it was just yesterday.

A full AAR of last night's Northeast Blogger Gathering, complete with pictures, to be posted tomorrow - today's chock full of last-minute vacation goodness, including one of the children's last Christmas presents, a trip via train into Boston to see Disney On Ice. We're making a day of it, going in on the 10:20 train even though the show doesn't start until 3:00, so that we can find a place to have lunch before the show.

It's interesting, too, that Al Gore's global warming seems to have actually struck today - as I type this, it's 53ยบ outside, certainly well above normal for late December in New England. It's a welcome respite from the ice and snow of the earlier part of the month, and will make chaperoning two small children around the big city considerably easier. For this, Mssr. Gore, I thank you and your frabulous weather contraption.

Stay tuned for pictorial goodness of last night's bacchanalia...

That is all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed the shindig. The wife had to go into work to fill in for someone, and by the time she got back, it was too late for me to saddle up the Dadmobile and head south. The perils of a health care job, I suppose.

I found solace in adult beverages, though.

Teresa said...

GAH!!! There has been too much... um... stuff the last couple of weeks. I still don't even have a real phone working. I'm so sorry I didn't make it. *sigh*

Are we done with December yet??? What a hell of a month it has turned out to be. Let's hope 2009 turns things around.