Thursday, January 1, 2009

Other New Year's Resolutions...

I posted the Gunnie resolutions earlier today, and hinted that other resolutions would be forthcoming. I've had relatively good luck with New Year's Resolutions; the past three years have been to lose weight, start exercising, and keep the weight off - so far, we're on track...

But there's always more to work on, and here's my list for 2009:
  • I will continue following my regime of diet and exercise to keep off the weight I've lost the past three years.
  • I will yell at the kids less and play with them more.
  • I will try to not let my life be dominated by the intarweb.
  • I will start adding in more weight training to my exercise routine.
  • If finances permit, a new bicycle (possibly a "fixie") will grace the G. garage so I can ride more with The Boy.
  • I will continue my work with the Cub Scouts and do everything in my power to be the best Cubmaster I can be (I take over in March after the WeBeLos IIs move on and we lose our current Cubmaster).
  • I will try to get more organized (this shouldn't be hard, given my current level of disorganization).
  • I will wash my truck more often.
  • I will keep in better touch with my friends. And not just moar e-mails...
  • I will work on my attitude, both externally and internally.

Some of this list will be tough; some will be near-impossible. But I'm going to do everything in my power to try everything...

That is all.

3 comments:

Sevesteen said...

Finances almost always permit a pretty good bicycle, as long as you have patience and prefer quality to the latest thing. I frequently see road bikes that were originally $400+ going for under $25, in good to near new condition. Figure out what size you need, learn the difference between a good bike and the ones they sell at Walmart, and keep an eye out at garage sales and thrift stores.

knitalot3 said...

You will keep up with the driving rants won't you?

I wouldn't want you to hold it in and succumb to road rage.

Jay G said...

Sevesteen,

That's an excellent suggestion. There's even a consignment sports shop that I used to bring my bike to for its yearly tune-up that might have just the thing, and I've got like four old Schwinn's to trade in...

Hmmm...

Knitalot3,

I think I can safely say without fear of contradiction that the road rage rants will continue aplenty...

:)