Monday, June 22, 2009

Shootie Drought...

It just dawned on me that I haven't gotten to the range since my last New Shooter outing. Ugh. I need to correct that post-haste... Especially since I just mailed off my gun club membership renewal - gotta make the most of the shootin' buck, yanno? It's been a combination of things; between the crappy weather, a busy-as-hell schedule, and the scarcity of ammo (I always replace what I shoot as a matter of policy) I either haven't had the chance to get over to the range or it's been pouring.

I *still* haven't shot my new (to me) Colt Frontier; I still need to put the Hi-Power through it's paces; I've also got the new scope on the Bushmaster to sight in; I've got a couple new shooters I need to get over (amusings, is Mr. amusings still on? How about the daughter?). There's a lot of shootin' to be done, just not enough time to get it all in. I s'pose at the very least I could bring the New Frontier, the S&W model 17, the Marlin model 39A and the Winchester 1906 and have a couple .22LR shoot-offs... One box of Federal copper-plated bulk pack should last me the afternoon...

In any case, I need to go shooting in a big way...

That is all.

5 comments:

Wally said...

IDPA 6/28 10AM, Free ammo!

ok kidding about the last part :)

Jay G said...

YHGTBSM.

Mrs. G. is working on Sunday...

AUGH!!!

Christine G. said...

mr amusings, aka President Kang (simpsons reference) is definately still on. I'll find a day that works for him. Jess is interested too (aka McMuffinDragon) and I'll check with her as well. Now that' school's out...

Old NFO said...

GO DO! :-)

DJ said...

Range sessions for relaxation are highly recommended. Today, I spent 3 hours at the local outdoor range with my long-range AR, a slide-action Remington .22 (loaded up with CB Shorts), and a Glock; the improvement in my general attitude and can't-wipe-it-off-my-face-with-a-brick relaxed smile should both be evident to all. At the end of my visit, the 300-yard gongs were in dire need of a fresh coat of paint, several cardboard IDPA targets could have a softball passed through their midsection without touching anything, and every piece of debris on the range floor or backstop berm larger than a fifty-cent piece had a .22 hole in it. Good shooting, quality conversation with like-minded folks, and a beautiful, warm, calm (no wind!) day; it just doesn't get much better than that...