Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Firearm Parity...

The time has come, yet again, to thin the herd. There's something I want to get, a pistol from a friend for an extremely good price, that I need to make room for in the safe. I've narrowed the search down quite a bit, owing to the fact that I'm running out of safe queens in the armory to offer up to the gods of the new... I do still have a couple of guns I'd be willing to part with in order to bring home the new piece.

First up is the Miroku .38 Special snubbie. This is an interesting little gun, a copy of a Colt Detective Special in .38 Special. It's an odd duck in that Miroku makes primarily shotguns for Browning and Winchester. It was picked up on a lark at a gun show, a last-minute "don't want to go home empty-handed" buy that I brought to the range once and haven't shot since. I picked up a genuine Colt Detective Special shortly after getting this gun, and don't need the copy any more.

Next is the Colt Official Police .38 Special revolver. This is a "back-up" to my most prized possession, the Colt my grandfather was issued as a town cop when he got settled in our town and started his family. My family. I picked up the second Official Police with the intention of using it as a stand-in for my grandfather's Colt, not wanting to put too much stress on the ol' girl. Bought it three years ago. Shot it once. Don't think that's going to stress the original much...


So, of these two, I'm torn on which to cut loose. I'm leaning towards the Colt, because it really is a superfluous firearm. The Miroku has the "What the hell is that?" factor going for it; the Colt does not. Either gun will satisfy the parameters of the question -reduce the number in the armory to make room for a new addition, while adding much-needed $$$ to the gun fund.

So... Anyone want to buy a Colt Official Police .38 Special???

That is all.

4 comments:

William said...

Yes, I'd be interested.

William the Coroner

Buddy said...

Ok, I've got to ask how much... I really can't afford it. One of my co-workers has a blued CZ-75B w/4 mags, I asked the better half/CFO and she said it was either that or the new S&W 380 coming out... talk about squelching a want! But I sure do like your Colt! I used to own a Trooper...

Jim said...

I'd be interested in the Miroku. (price?) Yeah, I'm weird that way.


Jim
Sunk New Dawn
Galveston, TX

Jay G said...

Guys,

Shoot me an e-mail (in my profile) and we can talk turkey if you're interested...