Thursday, March 25, 2010

R.I.P., Agent Maxwell...

Actor Robert Culp dies after fall

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Robert Culp, the actor who rose to fame as secret agent Kelly Robinson on the groundbreaking 1960s TV series "I Spy" and later played Ray Romano's father-in-law on "Everybody Loves Raymond," has died. He was 79.

Culp died after falling on a sidewalk near a Los Angeles park, said his publicist, Dick Delson. Delson had no further details.

He may have become famous as Kelly Robinson, but to a child of the '80s he'll always be Special FBI Agent Bill Maxwell. He may not have worn the magic jammies, but the show wouldn't have been what it was by relying on Bill Katt's 'fro...

Rest in Peace, Robert - your character acting will be missed.

That is all.

1 comment:

Arthur said...

That one show I refuse to re-watch just to keep my childhood recollections intact.

I re-watched some old Miami Vice episodes and it ruined my memories of it. Though the intro was still cool. :)