Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hmmm...

Clan G. is heading north today into free America in search of a local Renaissance Faire rumored to be held in nearby southern New Hampshire. Time constraints forced us to miss King Richard's Faire last year for the first time since Mrs. G. and I started going in 1993, so the Faire garb has been sitting in the closet for longer than usual.

But there's a new addition - I'm thinking of trying this little beauty out.

Since I'll be in America, where open vs. concealed carry is less of an issue (not only is it legal in NH, but the NH AG has sent letters to police chiefs affirming the legality of open carry), I might even use the pistol pouch for its intended purpose. Now, granted, it will be on a belt with the rest of my medieval garb and as such highly unlikely to attract attention (aside from being a shaved head biker looking dude running around with a full meter two-handed broadsword and battle axe, that is...).

We'll see. I may need money for bail later... ;)

That is all.

9 comments:

bluesun said...

If you already look crazy, then a little bit extra will go unnoticed.

Bruce said...

It's in Kingston. All of seven minutes from my house.

Nancy R. said...

I want to see pictures of you in garb.

Jay G said...

I would have stopped in but I was too afraid of emotionally scarring you...

Jay G said...

Nancy: Ask and ye shall receive.

PS: I need your address so I can mail Susan's jacket back to her!

Heath J said...

Huzzzah! Pass the meade!

You need to wear that the night Little Girl G's first date shows up...

We do the one out in Shakopee, MN. If you're ever in the neighborhood, I highly recommend it.

Dragon said...

Cool!

So, how was it? Did the Pouch blend with the garb somewhat, and did anyone ask what it was, or to look at the thing?

Chris in Texas said...

Now there's an idea for concealed carry! Don't actually conceal the pistol, just wear a giant battleaxe that will distract just about everyone from the lowly heater on the opposite hip.

KurtP said...

If it's ok to open carry, then open carry an old school piece!

http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/Wheellock.htm

Who knows, it may even be legal in the Volksrepublik.