Monday, May 24, 2010

Third Annual Northeast Bloggershoot Summer Shoot

This weekend is Memorial Day weekend, the unofficial start to summer, so what better time to start thinking about the Third Annual Northeast Blogger Shoot Meet & Shootin' Spectacular?!?!?!

I've had many people e-mail and/or call me about the summer shoot, from wondering if it was going to happen this year (DUH!) to asking when it was going to be and if they could help (dunno, and hell yes). I think the proprietor of the Sooper Seekrit range is on board with hosting our crazy group yet again, so let's start thinking and planning. And who knows? Maybe we can cajole a visit from the World's Most Dangerous Librarian?


Let's do it right, shall we?

Date: TO BE DETERMINED - Last weekend in July, first weekend in August-ish. If we hold the shoot on a Sunday, Paul from Stateline Gun Shop may be able to make an appearance with some of his wonderful toys, so I'd prefer to do it then.

Time: Tentatively starting at 10:00 AM and going until we're kicked out (typically before 5 PM)

Location: Doubletrouble's sooper seekrit range, the location of which is highly classified.

Attendees: Like last year and the year before, the size of the range limits us to a certain number of folks, although accommodations can be made for larger groups if we don't mind shooting in shifts and such.

Miscellaneous: As with last year, this is a "pack-in, pack-out" shoot - if you want to bring a 1968 International Harvester to shoot the hell out of, go right ahead. Just be prepared to drag the bullet-riddled carcass out with you. Also, our group really is getting too big to order lunch, so I would recommend bringing lunch with you this year. Calling the sandwich shop for two dozen subs was a little much last year...


Let's start nailing down specifics and get the ball rolling!

That is all.

17 comments:

Lissa said...

I haz guns this year! Yay!! And I vote for last weekend in July :)

JD said...

I will fit it in whatever date works for folks best! And my oldest wants to join us this year = )

ZerCool said...

As the saying goes ... "IN!"

I might even be able to drag MrsZ along this year...

No preference on which weekend.

If there's any long-distance helping I can do, holler!

Brad_in_IL said...

Lissa,

Jay,

I vote for first or 2nd weekend in August -- My Progeny will be away at camp making the possibility of my attendance much more likely.

Lissa, good on you for having your owns irons. My wife is still a raging hoplophobe. In actuality, you're probably the one rational person I think could help make inroads with her. You know, you're young, pretty, urban, intelligent. Just don't bash Obama as she'll then clam up and think you're just another mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, Bush-Cheney-Halliburton-loving neanderthal.

- Brad

Ross said...

In. Either weekend seems to be OK.

Anonymous said...

Count the Mrs and me as IN! I'll have to check with her to see if one weekend is better then the other, but either way we'll do our damnedest to attend again!

Unknown said...

My first choice would be the last weekend of July. August is a busy month for us, but the first weekend in August is doable. Awesomeness!

Unknown said...

I'll even bring Mopar with me!

Lissa said...

Brad, I'd be glad to help out however I can! Maybe she'd like my post on self-defense?

Oh, and I'm certainly not the ONLY person. Anything I can do, Breda can do better ;-)

Lissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brad_in_IL said...

Lissa,

Thx for the offer. We're still a l-o-o-o-o-n-g way away from the self defense talk. And while you may *think* that Breda might do things better than you, I know that local, accessible, and face-to-face can't hold a candle to theory espoused in an email or on a blog.

If you don't mind, I'd like to continue this conversation further. Is an email addy up on your web page? If not, plse email me --

-- bradr65 -at- gmail -dot- com

Thx,

Brad

Wally said...

hell
yeah

Weer'd Beard said...

I think Both Dates are good for me too!

pdb said...

Is the Sooper Sekrit range in Massachusetts or America?

Colin said...

In. 17/18 July better, 24/25 possible.

Jay G said...

Sooper Seekrit range is safely located in America.

There will be FA and suppressed weapons present...

Angry Patriot said...

August, please?

I reallyreallyreallyreally wanna make it to this one, and July for me is packed full. Any August weekend would be great.


PS...WV: sonpfu

Any relation to sonofa? ;-)