Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Yeah, That'll Work...

4 more Massachusetts municipalities eye Arizona boycott
BOSTON (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - Four more Massachusetts municipalities are considering resolutions calling for an economic boycott against Arizona in protest of the state's recently passed controversial immigration law.

Elected officials in Worcester, Lawrence, Springfield, and Amherst say they are drafting measures similar to the one Boston's City Council passed last week that asks city officials to identify city contracts and purchasing agreements with Arizona and Arizona-based companies, and end them immediately.

Lawrence? LAWRENCE? The same city where the Superintendent of Schools failed the ESL test FOUR TIMES? The city that's so broke they don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of? THAT LAWRENCE? And Amherst? I don't think Arizona has much in the way of beer or hemp, so I fail to see what Amherst is going to boycott. Worcester? Springfield? Are they buying prisons from AZ? No? Maybe they ought to...

You know what I would love to see? I'd love to see Texas boycott MA because of MA's Assault Weapons Ban. That'd be a fucking hoot. Or maybe have Florida boycott MA over MA's "may issue" CCW legislation. Given the way MA is hemmarhoging businesses due to their over-regulation and oppressive tax rate, you think they'd at least be respectful of other states. Especially given that NH is right next door, is on a par politically with AZ, and has been the recipient of many MA companies.

The sooner this shithole collapses, the better, as far as I'm concerned...

That is all.

Yet another infuriating link brought to us courtesy of shootin' buddy PISSED...

11 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

I was poking around J&G Sale's website, and sadly didn't see anything that really peaked my interest. I would like to buy something from Arizona soon, and tell the sales rep the reason why I'm buying goods from their state.

Lissa said...

PISSED really enjoys watching your head explode, doesn't he?

Jay G said...

Weer'd,

Hmmm. That's true. Maybe I *will* order a CZ-82 from them...

Couldn't you use another M44, though?

Lissa,

Heh. It sure seems that way, doesn't it?

He *did* let me shoot his PM9, though. That makes up for a lot... ;)

TXGunGeek said...

I'll get right to work on that boycott. Texas Boycotts Mass. That'll be a hoot.

TXGunGeek said...

http://gungeekrants.blogspot.com/2010/05/boycott-ma.html

On it's way. with any luck, my four readers will pass it along!

Stay Safe and Sane,
TXGunGeek

Mopar said...

I already boycott MA as much as possible. I fill the tank of the truck, roll up the windows, lock the doors, and dont stop until I'm in NH. Even my EZpass is from NH; makes me feel better when I'm paying the state of NH for MA tolls.
Jay, before that shithole of a state DOES collapse (right into the Big Dig?) you and yours need to get out of Dodge. Same with me here in CT. I need to at least start looking for some land while real estate is still somewhat cheap(er).

Stephen said...

Most of us here in Arizona are waiting for the BIG boycott. Criminal invaders boycotting ever stepping on Arizona terra firma.

bluesun said...

It seems to me, that as long as AZ is serious about this (and I hope they are) any boycotts should be exactly what they want.

Toaster 802 said...

Got to agree with Mopar...

Jay, move away from there!...Vermont is the place you aught to be, so they packed up all the evil guns and moved from Beverly. Mass that is. Swimming with fools, golfers over par.

insert banjo music here.

NH is nice, but we can always use thinking people here. Come on down! Yah hear!

Mopar said...

VT or NH? Hmmmm...... let's consult "The Definitive Guide to Telling New Hampshire and Vermont Apart".
Sorry, looks like NH wins. :)

turtle said...

Talk about four of the easiest cities in the country to backlash boycott?