Thursday, July 15, 2010

Two Weeks and Three Days...

Until the Third Annual Northeast Bloggershoot! We've got folks coming from all over NE (NH, ME, CT, and MA) as well as NY, OH, and... other states as well. Most have been to previous shoots; still others will be making the trek for the first time. In any case, there's going to be enough armament to conquer a small country (or a large one with a buncha gun-fearin' wussies - yes, Canada, I'm looking at yooooouuuu).

Previous updates here and here, original post here. I'm not going to re-post the list of attendees - there haven't been that many changes since the list in the last update - but I will say that the range, she is full. And if anyone would like to rotate range time (i.e. show up in the afternoon), that would alleviate congestion on the line... Although, really, I have to admit that I have a ton of fun just jawin' with folks - this is the one time of the year that I get to see some of y'all, and while I love shootin' stuff as much as the next gunnie, I love chatting with old friends even more.


A few new items to add:

1. There will be a mystery item given away at the shoot. I have been sworn to secrecy by the donor to not reveal what the item is or who's giving it away, but suffice to say, it's very cool. We're kicking around the idea of a shoot-off for the item (which pretty much eliminates me...), but we can figure things out the day of the shoot.

2. I've contacted a bunch of folks from last year with an important mission. Just a reminder to work on your "homework".

3. I will be bringing something (or somethings) with a pointy end; I hope someone can dredge up a cherished child's plush toy to mutilate appropriately - remember, it's not a true NE bloggershoot unless I'm maniacally stabbing something with a knife stuck on a gun...


Onto the last part: The hardware!

I haven't nailed down what I'm bringing yet, although I've got a pretty good idea. For longarms I'll be bringing along the Mossberg 590 (complete with bayonet), because it's been a while since I gave my shoulder a bruising. I'll also have my Bushmaster, because it's just so much damn fun. I'll most likely be bringing the 10/22, because it's new this year. As for other rifles, well, I haven't decided yet. I'll probably bring another .22LR or two, just for economy; after that I'm not sure.

For pistols, I think I'll be bringing the classics - the Colt Gold Cup, the Smith & Wesson model 17, and the SigSauer P226 (complete with dual lasers!). Beyond that, it's really wide open - another revolver in .38 Special or .357 Magnum is very likely, and possibly the S&W 422 for some semi-auto .22LR goodness. One last thing: If there's a gun in the G. armory that anyone attending would like to give a try, give me a holler and I'll throw it in one of the many gun cases in the back of my truck. I'm more than happy to share my toys!

Lastly, ammunition. There will be some full-auto weaponry present, so be sure to have .223 Remington, 9mm, and .45 ACP (I think) in abundance. Please be sure to bring only factory-fresh ammo to run through the machine guns! I will be bringing a .30 cal ammo can full of Federal copper plated .22LR for general consumption (and there's a FA .22LR coming, so...); other than that, if you're not sure what to bring, the three centerfire calibers above are a safe bet.


The bloggershoot is getting close - I can't wait to see y'all again and to meet the new folks!

That is all.

16 comments:

Borepatch said...

I hope someone can dredge up a cherished child's plush toy to mutilate appropriately

I got your back, Jay. ;-)

Angry Patriot said...

I'm bringing an XD-40, Frestorm 9, and a Bersa Thunder .380, along with appropriate ball ammo...

Brad_in_IL said...

Jay,

PUH-LEEEEEEEZE bring the NAA mini with its sticker. That would just be priceless.

I might also be able to dredge up a plush child's toy to backup Borepatch.

- Brad

Lissa said...

*happy dance*

*happy dance*

Weer'd Beard said...

I know for certain I'll be bringing my 590 as well, also the WASR as its new-to-me, and one of my mosins, and one of my 1911s. Also I think I may bring the CZ-52 and shoot off some ammo that got wet in the flood.

We'll see what else comes along. Most likely my Colt Trooper, as you wanted to shoot it, and I gots me pleanty of .357 Magnums.

I'll let you shoot my .357 Colt if you let me shoot your .22 NAA mini!

Jay G said...

Heh.

Okay, I'll bring the NAA mini. Heck I'll even get it to the range before hand and sight in the laser!

:)

ZerCool said...

Expect to see a lot of "SPRINGFIELD, MA" when I open my gun case.

Bring .38 (although I'll gladly share some of mine), .357 if you want N-frame blasting, and .44Mag for single-action.

9mm and .40S&W for the autos.

I'm planning to leave the long guns at home for this trip, I think.

I'll be driving up Saturday and home Monday, staying in a Super8 in Brattleboro - if anyone is up for a bite Saturday and wants to pick a spot that won't involve me driving another two or three hours that night. :)

And Jay, please pass the word to anyone coming from points west - there is ample crash space at the Z house any time before or after the shoot. We're about 45-60 minutes off I90 or I86, depending on route of travel, and about 3.5 hours from the PA line.

Wally said...

ooh goodie!

I'll be bringing some handguns & ammo in .357 sig to share. A .22LR revolver, A couple of ruger Mk2s, Maybe an SKS & NM-AR.


Definitely bringing 9mm and 223 autos.


Debating bringing the new build. It's not yet ready for prime time, but it is now at least digesting baby bullets. It would be an earnest challenger to the NAA-mini-a-gogo for title of most absurd gun.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like to much fun to be legal!!

Hmmm like to do that here in Minnesotah, but I'll be jiggered if I can find any gun bloggers in this State!
There has to be...
That and finding a public range, lots of private and they are very difficult and picky to get into. And being that I would not want to!!
Sigh....All that ammo safely stored that needs to be used and replaced...what to do....

Ross said...

Since there's a Smurf movie, may I suggest that a Smurf would be appropriate to use for bayonet practice?

As for what toys to bring... well, you've seen (most of) my arsenal, Jay. Any requests? Scoped Enfield, perhaps?

Toaster 802 said...

Looking forward to this with glee!

I am packing light, a Colt pre ban and a DPMS Carbine. I will bring 9mm and .45 to run for fun through the pricey toys.

Yah know, since I am on a budget and light on shooty fun, if someone wants to bring a grill, I will fly it...Got some skills in that dept.

libertyman said...

Jay -- the littlest Mossberg will be there, and I have a few new toys to try. I'll bring the FiveSeveN, if people want to try it. I will have to think about other choices.

Jay G said...

YAY!

I think this year I want to try the mini-Mossie with buckshot.

One handed.

Someone will HAVE to get video...

Wally said...

Libertyman,
That settles it. I am hereby officially bringing my "five-seven".
(but this metric system, she a-confuse me!)

dr mac said...

Yahoooooooooooooooo !!!!

JD said...

OK folks I need to get some test time on a 1911... sounds like there will be a few there. . .

Looking forward to it. I should have my AR, WASR, Marlin 1894, black poweder and we will see what else fits. . along with my .380 Makarov and a 9mm and a few .22s. . .