Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What's In A Number?

Over the weekend I had a revelation. I'd commented before about the similarities between Glock and Smith & Wesson handguns for numbers. Then I sat down at the Glock website and looked at their product line. I started filling in the corresponding S&Ws that I recognized off that bat, and dug a little deeper.

Being a super geek, I tossed it into an Excel spreadsheet, and filled it out some more. Eventually, I came up with this:

Every Glock pistol has a corresponding Smith & Wesson handgun, with all but one being a revolver. Obviously this is not the entire Smith & Wesson line, but I can't think of any additional Glocks out there (aside from the rumored G40, the .22LR full size - which would correspond to the S&W J-frame hammerless...). Very little matches up, obviously, given that one company makes exclusively semi-automatic handguns and the other only had one semi-auto in the whole list; I just thought it was interesting that there was a S&W for every Glock number extant.

Smith & Wessons just happen to look a lot better doing what they do...

That is all.

3 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Ok, THAT's a cool justaposition.

ajdshootist said...

I was asked to leave the S&W stand at Bisley back in the 90s before they banned all pistols in the UK when i said in a rather loud voice oh
look they have the new SWOCKS,did not
go down well!

Ratus said...

Jay, you forgot the Glock 7.

Of course it costs more than I make in a month.