Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Gun Pr0n #190

Today's gun pic is an old MArooned fave, but updated. I finally got my ITM Arms Mk-99 AK-47 pattern semi-automatic rifle fixed and back in operation, so I figured it was due for a little makeover to welcome it home. Oh, sure, it's an AK-47 pattern rifle, and as such is already one of the most PSH-inducing arms currently on the market. But you know me - that's just not good enough here in the Volksrepublik. So I eviled it up a little bit:

EEK! EBR!

That's a UTG quad rail forend with the Colt CGL Laser foregrip from LaserMax underneath and a BSA red dot sight on top in a scout configuration. Both the foregrip and the red dot sight were existing items, so the rail was the only expenditure for this change. I've got a UTG quad rail on my Bushmaster, and it has proven to be a rock-solid reliable platform for optics and such on the Bushie. Time will tell if it's as solid on the AK, but I'm pretty confident it will be.

Now, if I could only get my hands on a pre-ban 75 round drum for this bad larry...

That is all.

7 comments:

Paladin said...

Too bad Mass has its own ban on them... AIM has 75 rnd Romanian drums for $64.95 + shipping:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47R75&groupid=15

Cheapest I've seen them in a long time. So cheap even I had to buy one :)

Brad_in_IL said...

Uh, Jay. One week from Sat. Put me down for 20.

Jay G said...

Paladin,

Yeah, that'd be an instant felony. But DAMN that is a good price. I'd buy at least two (price drops to $60) if I lived in America...

Brad,

No prob. I'll stock up on 7.62X39mm next time I'm at WallyWorld... ;)

Weer'd Beard said...

You COULD pass Doubeltrouble some Cash and buy a pair of drums FOR him, with the understanding that you can play with them when you visit America....

BTW that gun is totally Pig-ugly! Which seems to work pretty well!

Wally said...

Yay ! I just finshed (I hope!) an AK build last night.

My 75-rd preban drum is in a secure location... Not useful for much, but it does make for a nice photo op or baby rattle. In MA, couldn't you get one of those drums and just plug it down to 10-rd capacity? :-)

Jay G said...

You know, I don't know how that works. I suppose I could, but given that there are several ZILLION pre-ban 30 and 40 round magazines available, I'm not going to drop $60 on a 10 round drum...

Now, if anyone out there has a pre-ban drum they'd like to swap out for one of those AIM Romanian jobs, please contact me - that's something I could *certainly* do...

SCI-FI said...

Hey!
I know that gun!