Thursday, November 18, 2010

WHAT. THE. HELL???

Found through links sent to me by PISSED:

Curtis Got Slapped.com

Apparently this woman's son was slapped by a teacher at his school. Now, that's enough to set any parent off - no one has the right to lay their hands on your child without some damn good provocation, and even then it's pretty damn iffy. I know I'd be hard-pressed not to walk into the school like Buford Pusser looking for someone's head on a pike were that to happen to my child; I'd wager most parents out there feel more or less the same.

She wrote a letter to the school. A forty page letter, which is summarized here. She details the slap in excruciating detail, and it only goes downhill from there, culminating in a list of demands so bizarre I thought I was watching "Airheads" again. She asked for $250,000 payable in postal money orders or silver for herself as well as a long list of other demands, not limited to but including a new car, her mortgage paid off, and a $15,000 per month position with the school district.

She finally gets around to her demands for her son:
Curtis shall receive, among many other things: $13,500 worth of Wal-Mart gift cards, a free college education, two trips to Disney World, nine years of private tennis lessons on the Plaza, season tickets to the opera, theater, and ballet, almost a decade's worth of psychological counseling by "the best black child psychologist in the country," a whole orchestra's worth of new musical instruments, a three-week trip to Africa at a five-star hotel, and a personal audience with President Obama.
(transcribed here, thanks, I didn't have the stomach for that).

Folks, it's no wonder the government treats us like it does with fruit bats like this flying around out there...

That is all.

7 comments:

Ross said...

Uh... IS there even a 5-star hotel in Africa?


WV=dipitu. Man, Curtis' mom shows some real dipitude..

BenC said...

Judging by the mother I am willing to give the teacher the benifit of the doubt in slapping the son.

Robert said...

I can only assume that the son is like the mother, and therefore probably needed a good slap.

wv: Petri. As in "This is some petri dish of a culture we got here..."

PISSED said...

What I find sad about society is that the story is flying around the internet and these people will get on TV and have their 15 minutes of fame and possibly a reality show.... and the mindless will suck it allll up.

Eric said...

I'm sure the kid deserved it. Someone should slap the mother.

Anonymous said...

More of the "Gimme dat!" attitude.

Butch Cassidy said...

I saw you link Something Awful and thought, "oh, comedy forum, it's a joke."

Now, I realize this is all real, but am laughing pretty hard anyway.

WV - stabl. Funny, I just came in from giving the generator its monthly run.