Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Jealousy Is An Ugly Thing...

So damn, I must be downright hideous right now, as jealous as I am of all the folks living it up in Vegas for SHOT Show. SHOT was definitely not in the cards this year - got a road trip next week for work, and leaving the Mrs. home with the kids in New England in January so I can jet off to Las Vegas for a week of fun & guns in the sun and then leaving on a trip for work would not have gone over well. I'm already angling for next year, saving my pennies for the trip and trying to figure out how to get that large of a kitchen pass...

Talking to friends who went a few years back, the most amazing thing was just how huge SHOT is. We're used to gun shows here that cover a hotel conference room; SHOT covers something like an entire city block. It's on a par with the NRA convention as far as attendance and size - and seeing all of the exhibit floor alone took up the better part of three days at last year's meeting. There's something like 1,600 exhibitors at the show, and I know I would want to see them all. I'm going to have to pass this year, but with any kind of luck I'll be able to attend next year's show.

*Sigh* I guess it's just as well - I mean, all those cool guns I'm not allowed to have here in MA...

That is all.

5 comments:

Bob S. said...

I must be downright hideous right now,

I'm having to walk around with a burlap bag over my head; so don't feel like the lone stranger.

Anonymous said...

Shhhhhh, don't give away the secret, Jay. I've been telling all my friends down in Atlanta that were stuck for 5 days that it's just because they don't know how to drive in snow down there.

Anonymous said...

damn, that comment was supposed to be on the snow post. How the hell THAT happen?

Bubblehead Les. said...

So ease the blood pressure, you going to the NRA Convention in Pittsburgh this year?

Jay G said...

Heck yeah. I've already got my room booked...