Monday, January 31, 2011

Unlikely Places...

I got an e-mail late last week about a firearms training course that I thought I'd share:
My name is [redacted per request], and I have been reading your blog for a while now. I am from [location outside of Massachusetts] and enjoyed shooting rifle back at home. However, when I moved to MA for school, I was suddenly no longer able to do those things... it has been really frustrating, to say the least.

In that vein, I'm writing to let you know about a project: http://www.athena-advantage.com/

Veterans and active soldiers at Harvard Business School, who share my frustration with MA, have started a firearms training course for everyone from beginners to skilled sportsmen. You can see the trainers profiles here: http://www.athena-advantage.com/team

I am working hard to get the word out in MA about the opportunity to learn proper, responsible firearms skills and techniques. I thought you and your readership would be very interested. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have!
Hmmm. A firearms training course started and run by students at Harvard Business School. No, I wouldn't be interested in this in the least... They've got locations all around the country, with different courses ranging from introductory handgun to basic rifle, and are definitely worth looking into if you're interested in a training course. I'm always happy to give a shout-out to local businesses, and it kicks over my giggle box to be promoting a firearms training course out of Harvard...

Besides, I dig their tagline of "Learn from the best. Have fun".

That is all.

1 comment:

libertyman said...

I think they would have a ways to go to better what is offered at Sig academy...