Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tactical *and* Practical

I review several "tactical" rimfire rifles today at Guns, Holsters, and Gear.

I included the Ruger SR-22 because it's a factory offering - there are dozens if not hundreds of different kits for the Ruger 10/22 out there, everything from Krinker conversions to dual receiver utilizing gatling gun conversions. Everything else is an original rifle, with the Smith & Wesson and SigSauer offerings built to mirror their centerfire brethren, the GSG-5 capitalizing on the popularity of the HK MP5, and the Walther G22 as the odd-man-out bullpup variant.

Whether you want a low-cost rimfire trainer or just something that looks cool you can use on the pistol range, there's a tacticool .22 available.

That is all.

6 comments:

Robert McDonald said...

I'm really going to have to pick up an M&P15-22 one day.

Anonymous said...

I think you could expand on that theme by going into .22 conversions for existing centerfire rifles and pistols, and .22 uppers for AR platform rifles.

Jon said...

I picked up an M&P 15-22 a little while ago - it's very spiffy. I like how the controls are in the exact same spot and function identically to my AR's. Fun little gun to shoot.

Old NFO said...

Good ones Jay, I'm gonna stick with my 39A :-)

A Horse Thief said...

I lurve my M&P 15-22. My boy is a hell of a shot with it.

Heath J said...

Imagine a 10/22 Gatling kit done up with Chargers instead of the standard rifles... Potential.