Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday Blade Pr0n...

Heh. In honor of our Gurkha, here's a special Thursday gun knife picture:

Big stabbie, little stabbie

There's a Cold Steel Kukri machete, a design obviously influenced by the Kukri carried by the infamous Gurkha warriors, and a CRKT M16-01Z EDC (Every Day Carry) folding knife. I've wanted a Kukri for about as long as I can remember, and when Mad Saint Jack (curse you!) posted links to some of the Cold Steel offerings, I went looking. Found this one at - of all places - Amazon (yay free shipping!) and added the CRKT on a whim to fill out the $25 needed for free shipping (okay, I went over a bit...)

The CRKT has joined the rotation as an EDC knife; the Kukru, well, not so much...

That is all.

7 comments:

Lissa said...

Sweeeeeet. Did the big one come with an instruction label? You know, something like "Instant Badass: Just add Gurkha."

Anonymous said...

Heh, we've had that Kukri machete for ages. Dunno that I've ever actually used it for anything, but yea it's cool as heck.

Mike Y said...

I would venture to correct your adjective by suggesting the Gurkha's are "famous" versus "infamous."

Matt in Mass said...

I've had one of those suckers (the CS Kukri Machete) for years. Used to to do a lot of brush clearing and tree limbing when I moved into my house. With the right edge, that blade will make short work of 2" diameter pine limbs.

Bob said...

+1 more on ownership of a CS Kukri Machete.

Anonymous said...

Infamous=more than famous. Right. Right?

Brass

Lance R. Peak said...

These blades are well worth the shipping charge, I have some with more on the way.

http://www.thekhukurihouse.com/