Monday, July 11, 2011

More Lasers!

At the NRA convention back in May, I mentioned stopping by the LaserLyte booth and seeing something that caught my eye: A side-mount laser for the LCP/P3AT.

Wouldn't you know it, one showed up on my porch this past weekend:

P3AT Laser

I would have installed it over the weekend - it's a very simple matter that requires a punch - but I don't have the correct sized punch. I need to order up a set of brass punches anyways (believe it or not, I don't have any; I've been making do with old screw drivers and allen wrenches!) As soon as I get the proper tool I'll get the unit installed and tested out properly. First impressions are favorable - with the unit positioned in place it still fits in the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster just fine; obviously the proof will be in the range time.

Of course, it would be hard to make the P3AT any worse to shoot...

That is all.

5 comments:

Phil L. said...

Curious: What punch set did you get? I have a random set of punches I've picked up over the years - but nothing that I'd claim was a complete set...

Anonymous said...

Does this fit the P32 as well as the P3AT?

Weer'd Beard said...

I was really impressed with the prototype they had at the NRA Con.

A good and natural-working unit.

Yeah you need a brass punch kit, I use mine CONSTANLTY.

I'll toss a review up tonight (I keep forgetting the brand) if you want to wait.

Jay G said...

Phil,

I haven't picked one up yet - I'll wait for WEERD's review (HINT) and order something from Midway soon.

In the meantime, suggestions are welcome!

Mopar,

Yes, it fits the P32. From the quick "press fit" I did, it looks promising. The unit naturally guides your finger alongside the trigger guard, and activation is a button push in the same place as the LaserMax unit or the S&W Bodyguard 380.

I'll bring it to the shoot so you can see how it works.


Weerd,

That'd be great - I've needed a kit for a long time; it's time I stopped relying on old screwdrivers... ;)

FrankC said...

I find it odd that the special sized punch was not included with the kit.
How many would-be purchasers have the correct tools to install it?