Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fulfilling Kilted Requests...

When I first announced that I had acquired a kilt, Will Brown took me to task for not having the accoutrements (am I allowed to use French words to describe the accessories that go with a kilt?):
Now all you need is the 4" wide belt, blue socks and a big girls blouse. Maybe some buckles on your boots too.

I already gave money for Stingrays effort, but I'm not broke quite yet; go for it Jay!
Here ya go, Will:

To. The. Nines.

Got the belt, blue-green socks, and the "big girls blouse". Sorry, don't have buckles for my boots though. I thought the broadsword might make up for that, though... This enough for you, Will? Every little bit helps, and I am not above looking a little silly (or a lot silly, for the right donation!) to help the cause. And beat AD and Caleb, because I'm one competitive SOB.

Now, Ambulance Driver has gone and kicked it up a notch and brought his very cute daughter into the fundraising effort. What he's forgotten, apparently, is that I have 2X the spawn he has; while mine are a little older, they're still very cute - and in the case of BabyGirl G. especially, full of surprises. Look for something... unique... tomorrow.

And, as always, donations can be made at www.pcf.org/kilted7 or my Kilted to Kick Cancer Team Page.

There's five days left - that's five more chances to make JayG your plaything for the right donation...

That is all.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does your Sporran conceal carry? Not trying to be offensive, but the shirt makes you look like half Scottish Highlander and half Pirate. This is a kilt worn as formal wear http://i.imgur.com/zmceR.jpg note the lack of buckles on the shoes, which I am certain are not part of the dress rather the open top ones are.

bluesun said...

Uh... Jay? You look really really annoyed in that picture... AAAAGGGH! DON'T EAT ME!

Jay G said...

Anon,

Concealed means concealed. There may or may not have been a Ruger LC9 in that sporran...

And no offense taken - that shirt's actually a pirate/ruffian shirt to begin with, so actually you're complimenting my wife's handiwork.

Dave H said...

No dirk? Not even a bayonet? I am the disappoint.

Jay G said...

I kinda thought the FULL METER BROADSWORD might cover the stabby...

ExurbanKevin said...

am I allowed to use French words to describe the accessories that go with a kilt?

Considering the aid and support the French gave Bonnie Prince Charlie, aye, it's alright if you do.

Dave H said...

Yeah, I want to see you carve a ham with that broadsword. (grin)

Will Brown said...

And here's a tenner on your Livestrong tab too! Who knew dressing up so silly paid so poorly?

Jay G said...

Will, seriously, thank you. If everyone that got a chuckle out of that picture dropped a tenner, I'd be over my goal right now!

Will Brown said...

We all have to have goals Jay.

;-)