Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Three More Days...

...Until National Ammo Day is upon us!

One day. 100 rounds. Get all the gunnies you know to head out to the gun store and buy ammo. Ideally, buy some ammo for the gun you got for Buy A Gun Day back in April (I'll need to spring for some .380 ACP, I guess...) If money's tight, grab a couple boxes of .22LR for your favorite plinker; if not, maybe grab 100 rounds of your preferred defensive ammo. For reloaders, buy enough supplies to make 100 rounds. I'll probably pick up some defensive ammo and some .22LR to augment the supplies...

In any case, please go out and support your local merchant of death by exchanging dead presidents for precious metals: brass, copper, and lead.

That is all.

8 comments:

Old NFO said...

You're a piker if you don't buy at least 1000 rounds :-) I've got 3000 on order :-)

Dave H said...

I've been teetering on the edge of getting a reloading press. I think National Ammo Day is the day I pull the trigger on that deal.

I just bought a Marlin lever gun in .45 Government (thanks to M.H.I.'s Sam Haven), but ammo for that thing is esspensive!

Unknown said...

As I cannot open the link from work, due to firewall issues, I can only assume that this is Saturday, correct? I will do one better-I will go to NH, where I will not pay sales tax on it, and buy mine. I am hitting the range that day anyway, so that works out!!

Dave H said...

oldsoldier: You are correct, National Ammo Day is Saturday the 19th. The web site shows all next week is National Ammo Day Week for people who can't get to the store on Saturday. (Like most of the hunters in New York. Saturday is the start of gun season.)

Jay G said...

OldNFO, I'm planning on a minimum of 2K...

Michael in CT said...

Hmmm, I reload 9mm, but I might go buy some more factory ammo to feed the semi auto Suomi. Seventy round drums seem go through ammo faster........

Ross said...

Well, for National Ammo Day, I'm going to be supervising many shooters putting some of my purchased ammo downrange - I'm running a Turkey Shoot for my Masonic Lodge.

I'll stock up again next week. I'm estimating something like 800 rounds downrange...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder, Jay!

I'm hoping to take little Miss Z to the range that day... and I have a new 10-round mag for my Sig P220. So some 22LR for her and some .45 for me.

Can't wait!

cheers,
Daniel in Brookline

P.S. - word verification is "shieinv". Shiny.