Thursday, January 5, 2012

'Tis Better To Light A Candle...

...than curse the darkness; I think that's how the phrase goes. Weerd wants a counter-protest to the Brady Bunch's idiotic "Light a candle to prevent gun violence" campaign. He's got his first offering up, and I thought I'd toss mine in as well:

No cursing the dark here

I'll echo Weerd's offer: if you don't have a blog, or don't wish to post on your own blog, I'll gladly post any pictures you'd like. If you send them in, just let me know how you'd like to be ID'd, and give a quick description of the carry rig, like this:

This is a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 in .380 ACP, loaded with Federal Hydra-Shok 95 grain JHP ammo. It's carried in a Dragon Leatherworks Wyvern pocket holster along with two back-up magazines (not shown).
Pictures will be posted January 8th, natch!

That is all.

12 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

Cool, I'll be dropping a Yankee candle pic on Friday too!

Also already a few people who don't have blogs have sent me pictures too.

The 8th will be a bright day for safety, and a dark day for violence!

Marty said...

I'm in.

.45ACP+P said...

Going to get a pic of pistol and tactical flashlight. It is much brighter than a candle and we are much brighter than the Brady bunch.

Tim said...

I would say a good verbal response would be Psalms 91 5-6a:
5 You will not be afraid of the terror by night,
Or of the arrow that flies by day;
6 Of the pestilence that stalks in darkness

Chris in Texas said...

As Terry Pratchett once wrote, "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."

'Course, the .380 is a damn sight easier to carry than a either flamethrower or its smaller cousin, the Mosin-Nagant M44.

PJS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PJS said...

And then there's this:

http://designcrave.com/2010-10-20/locked-and-loaded-designed-for-firearm-fans/dc1010fa-p/

Old Radar Tech said...

Just sent you one... Did better and brighter than a candle, though. The lantern dates from '42, the pistol is a bit younger.

Skip said...

Sent. No candle though.
Or should that be scent as all of the candles are hers..ahem.
('cept for the ones in the BOB)

PJS said...

Sorry: looks like the link I posted isn't linking for some reason It was a very cool gun-shaped candle. I'll try the link again:
http://designcrave.com/2010-10-20/locked-and-loaded-designed-for-firearm-fans/dc1010fa-p/

Anonymous said...

My contribution.

Knitebane said...

Me too! Me too! AOL!

http://wordpress.knitebane.net/other/light-a-candle-for-the-victims/