Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Northeast Blogger Shoot II Update

Okay... Let's see... This is the official update to the updated update. Or something like that.

Here's what we know for certain:

Time: 10:00 AM start, ends when the last person leaves/is kicked out

Date: Sunday, July 20th

Location: A secure location in free America (i.e. not the Volksrepublik). Directions to be sent to participants via e-mail.

Attendees:
Marko
Liisa
TOTWTYTR
Liberty
JD
doubletrouble
Ted
Weer'd Beard
Bruce

Caveat: We're limited by the size of the range to approximately a dozen people. If you're on the list and find you can't make it, or if you're thinking about attending (Jeff? Jay Tea?), please let me know as soon as possible, as we have readers interested in attending. I will post another update at the start of next week with a finalized roster, and we can decide at that time if there's space.




Here's what we're fairly certain about:

Activities: Shootin', jawin', shootin', eatin', shootin'... more shootin'... Get the idea? The range allows for trap/skeet/breaking of (or attempting to) clays with birdshot as well as traditional paper; also reactive targets such as 2L soda bottles or cans for plinking (NO GLASS) as long as we help clean up. Might even be a computer keyboard or two we can send to the great hereafter...

Lunch: After much consultation, we've decided to order out at a local sub shop. While it would be neat for everyone to show up with their favorite mammal flesh to char over a roaring BBQ grill, the set-up, preparation, cooking, and cleaning will take up valuable shooting time...

Other: Rain date TBD, but only if the weather is really bad. If you've got a canopy to bring for inclement weather, that would be cool. I'll be bringing some camp chairs and a portable camp table for eating and such, but I don't have enough for everyone...

Ordnance: Bring whatever you'd like, as long as you can control it. (See last update about keeping everything in the backstop, basically common sense). I'm planning on bringing several shotguns, 2-3 centerfire rifles, a rimfire rifle or two, and a brace of pistols. If there's anything in the armory you'd like to try (see my Friday Gun Pr0n), let me know.

Lookin' forward to seeing y'all on the 20th!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! I don't have any ordinance of my own though . . . JayG, will you be willing to share?

Jay G said...

Oh, I have a feeling there will be plenty to share. In any case, you're welcome to shoot anything I bring...

zeeke42 said...

I'd like to be in. If you run short on space, I'm happy to give up my spot to a blogger or more regular commenter.

JD said...

I will be bringing along an AR and a WASR along with a 22 rifle and a pistol or two. . . I got a small .22 metal plate target I will try to remember to bring too for plinking

Lissa - the point of bangsticks is to share. . . . and try out the stuff you don't have yet. . . . is there anything you don't have yet JayG = )

Borepatch said...

I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as Lissa. I can bring beer, tho. ;-)

Jay G said...

zeeke42,

We've got a little over 2 weeks. I figure we'll know better in ~ 10 days what kind of space we'll have.

jd,

There's actually quite a bit I don't have - I don't have an AR, or a functional AK, or an M1 Garand, or a Ruger 10/22. There's quite a few of the "staples" I don't have. I kinda specialize in the weird...

Ted,

Beer is good... After the shootin', of course, but it's good...

And if anyone has some nasty old skunked beer kicking around, stuff that's unfit for human consumption, bring it. We'll get a rousing round of redneck trap going...

Teresa said...

How are you on space? I've been so far behind on my blogging I only just saw this now... Also, I have no guns to bring. *sigh*

If there's someone else who is a regular and a shooter who needs the place - feel free to give it to them, but if you have room for a freeloader, I'd love to come.

Let me know.

Jay G said...

Seeing as how I owe you a range trip anyways, Theresa, you are definitely in...

Teresa said...

Cool. I'm still struggling to get my blog reading going again (it will help considerably when the peeps on vacation where I work come back on Wednesday!!!). I shall try to keep track though. ;-)

TOTWTYTR said...

Speaking of Ruger 10/22s. Can anyone help me sight in mine? I put Tech Sights on and I have to confess I suck at sighting in rifles.

I'll bring it anyway in case Jay would like to shoot it.