Friday, January 1, 2010

Friday Gun Pr0n #144

I figured I'd start 2010 with gun pron from the past year (like I did last year). Here are the new acquisitions from 2009, starting with the first acquisition of the year:

Browning Hi-Power 9mm



Colt New Frontier .22LR



Smith & Wesson Model 13-3 .357 Magnum



S&W Model 34-2 .22LR



Colt 1991A1 Compact .45 ACP

The year saw one gun leave the G. armory:


Smith & Wesson model SW99c 9mm



Net gain for 2009: Four firearms. Interestingly enough, while last year saw more long guns than handguns added to the G. armory, this year saw not a single long arm added to the armory. Obviously, I will have to correct this egregious error in 2010. However, given the nature of the guns added - a classic Browning-designed 9mm, a Colt single action revolver, a rare S&W .357 Magnum, a training snubbie, and an Officers-sized 1911, I'm immensely pleased with the new additions.

Here's hoping 2010 sees more new additions to the G. armory!

That is all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your wish for 2010 comes true. Any single action 45LC?

ASM826 said...

That Browning brings a smile. Classic is right.

TOTWTYTR said...

Nice pickups, JayG. Of course two of them are on my wish list, hopefully for 2010.

My year was pretty good, with one shotgun, another .22LR revolver, a rifle (subsequently sold), and another 9mm. Oh, and an AR15, can't forget that one either.

I hope 2010 is going to be a good year for guns and gunnies, and particularly hope that SCOTUS gives us another big win for civil rights.

Weer'd Beard said...

I think this year I never got a single NICS check. All my guns were C&R buys.

pdb said...

Gawd I miss my High Power. I owned a Hungarian PJK-9 that was damn nicer than the $700 HP's Browning was hawking at the time. I traded it and $1000 for a Jeep. I no longer have the Jeep, but the other guy is still shooting the gun.

If I lived in an alternate universe where I could not buy Glock 19s, I would carry a BHP without hesitation.