Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Northeast Bloggers Fourth Annual Winter Social Update, Part II

Now that Christmas is over, and New Year's looms merely days away, it's time to finalize plans for the two (TWO!) Northeast Blogger Winter meets. Original post here; first update here. To avoid confusion, I'm going to split into two separate sections entirely.


Lunch:

What? Northeast Blogger Winter Luncheon.

Who? Any and all bloggers, commenters, readers, lurkers, etc. in the Northeast area, or those passing through, or anyone crazy enough to show up.

When? New Year's Day (January 1st, 21012). 1:00 PM EST.

Where? No one had a clear favorite, but the guest of honor suggested Hilltop Steakhouse. Hilltop it is!

Why? Folks getting together to enjoy good food, great beer, and superlative company. Bring your appetite, a whistle for wetting, and your best stories to tell.

Attendees:
Paul (our guest-of-honor)
Yankeefried
Weerdbeard
Christina & Silver
SCI-FI & Mrs. SCI-FI (possible)
libertyman

That's eight people, should be easily "walk-in" manageable for Hilltop.


Dinner:

What? Northeast Blogger Winter Gathering Dinner.

Who? Any and all bloggers, commenters, readers, lurkers, etc. in the Northeast area, or those passing through, or anyone crazy enough to show up.

When? Saturday, January 7th, 7:00 PM EST.

Where? Still TBD. For dinner, we've had suggestions of La Carreta or Martha's Exchange in Nashua, KC's Rib Shack or Strange Brew in Manchester, and "someplace" in Portsmouth, NH. I'm amenable to any of these locations; La Carreta is the only restaurant I've been to, but the food was great. The only drawback is that there's little in the immediate area for "after dinner" entertainment, although there's plenty of places we could go.

Why? Folks getting together to enjoy good food, great beer, and superlative company. Bring your appetite, a whistle for wetting, and your best stories to tell. We might find a place to play pool afterwards...

Attendees:
Mopar and Cher
Weerdbeard and Mrs. Weerd
Zeeke42
MedicMatthew
Doubletrouble (& Mrs.?)
libertyman
LWJ
Yankeefried
Ross
JD
TOTWTYTR
Old Windways
Meataxe
Christina & Silver
SCI-FI & Mrs. SCI-FI (possible)

So we really need to make a decision on where we want to have dinner in the next week or so. I can make calls and ask about a table/room - we've got close to 20 people coming for dinner, so we'll need to make arrangements. Any place is fine with me, but we do need to reach a consensus.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, so let's get crackin'!

That is all.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to go to dinner! If I'm allowed to, anyway. I'm still 20. Maybe that's why I'm not on the list for the dinner place? ;)

libertyman said...

Six for Sioux City! I am in for both events.

Mopar said...

La Carreta was nice, but as more of a restaurant it doesnt lend itself well to the after socializing like Jillians did. KC's appears to be the same. I've never been to Martha's; is the dining/bar removed from the nightclub? Kinda same thing with Strange Brew, I see they have a live band that night. Sorry, guess I'm not much help from 200 miles away I'm afraid. I'll go where the locals tell me to go, I'd just like to know where I should grab a hotel room.

Jay G said...

Silver,

You are more than welcome at the dinner - in the last update, your mom indicated you would be back at school by the dinner, mea culpa!

I will add you to the dinner list!

Libertyman,

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing you again, as always!

Mopar,

Let's see if we can't pin down a restaurant - or at least a location - by tomorrow evening.

Nashua and Manchester are only about 20 minutes apart, though, so if you want to search on both cities and grab the cheapest hotel, it's not a lot of driving in either case.

Or you could book a hotel in one of the cities and then we'd be forced to pick a restaurant there...

:D

LWJ said...

For Portsmouth, Coat of Arms is good.

Paul, Dammit! said...

Lunch is good for me- wish I could stay for the dinna, but until someone invents a furnace that runs on patchouli oil and unicorn meal, someone's got to keep the supply of fuel oil going.

Anonymous said...

Two for dinner.

I vote for Nashua or Manchester.

TOTWTYTR said...

Nashua or Manchester would be better for me, and of course, it's all about me! ;) Portsmouth is just a longer drive.

Good luck with Hilltop, I kind of gave up on them after our last sojourn there. Still, they might have just had an off night.

I'm looking forward to seeing the gang again.

libertyman said...

I am thinking Jillian's as the post prandial activities make it easier to chat. We are more mobile around the pool tables.

Anonymous said...

The lunch looks doable for me, so far at least.
-Wally

Christina RN LMT said...

Silver, look at the dates! You CAN'T come to the dinner, you're going back to ND the day before. I'm sorry, Honey!

JD said...

Don't know any of them so no preference for the wife and I. . . all are about the same drive. . . Did like that Jillians was one stop for dinner and pool. . .

Unknown said...

Pencil me in for the dinner on the 7th. It'll be great to see all you miscreants again.