Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday Gun Pic #50

It's Friday. Hallelujah-holy-shit. Naturally, that means it's time for gun pr0n...

(And no, I don't know why it isn't # 52. Must have been a slacker the first couple of weeks...)

So without further ado, here's my gun show find (and first blogiversary gift to myself):


Colt Lawman Mark III in the venerable .357 Magnum caliber. Six shots of Magnum goodness in a gun that weighs only slightly less than a cash register. Built like a bank vault, with a heavy barrel and a first for Colt - a transfer bar-operated firing pin.

Colt only made the Lawman from 1969 - 1983, and this is one of the earlier models (later models had a shrouded ejector). This is my first Colt .357 Magnum, and I'm hoping it won't be the last {cough}Python{cough}.

That is all.

4 comments:

BobG said...

Nice carry gun.

Weer'd Beard said...

I have a Trooper Mk III, and I love it. The action can only be disccribed as "Buttery".

Hey at some point could you do a post on how you deploy those speed strips?

I bougth a few, but I'm slow as death with them compared to a speed loader...

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty one. How about a range report when you get a chance? I've thought about getting another 357 but I have a bad case of eenie meenie minie moe disease... which one to buy?

Jay G said...

Bob,

Thanks! I'm trying to find a decent holster for it - I'm betting that anything made for a S&W K-frame 2" should fit, but I'm pretty certain this will see some time "in the saddle"...

weer'd,

That's not a bad idea (speed strip instructional). I've found them to be at least as fast as a conventional speedloader; might not be a bad idea to see about a video series...

billh,

Thanks! There will most definitely be some sort of range report on this piece, although when is up in the air (things are a tad on the hectic side right now...)

With .357 Magnum, I've found that there's pretty much no bad gun out there... :)