Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday Gun Pr0n #89

I hinted at this week's gun a while back, so the attentive reader already knows what's coming...

Mossberg 590 pump-action shotgun. 8+1 capacity with 2 3/4" shells; heat shield, Weaver rail, and a bayonet lug. The first evil black rifle I buy in the wake of the impending Obamanation is a shotgun. In the words of Jake Blues, "I can see that". Please note the holiday-appropriate red buckshot shells - gotta match the Christmas comforter!

Wait a minute. Back up a bit... Yes. I have a shotgun with a bayonet lug. Life. Is Good.

I was really hoping that the bayonet I ordered to go with the 590 would have arrived by now, to make the picture, but alas I went cheap off eBay... It's okay, really, because this is the "before" picture - I've already got a Knoxx SpecOps recoil reducing, four-position adjustable stock on order, and need to find a tactical forend with foregrip next... (anybody got any tips on where to get accessories for Mossberg shotguns?)

Oh yeah, this has supplanted the Winchester 1300 as the shotgun from hell...

Tune in next week, for an extra-special gun pr0n surprise... ;)

That is all.

7 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

I fucking LOVE mine!

As you could tell from the ear-to-ear smile at the blogger shoot!

http://tinyurl.com/56apyk

yarrrrrrr

MauserMedic said...

Which model bayonet does it take? My home shotgun is an ex-mil Winchester Model 12 with the bayonet lug, but missing the handguard. I should get around to getting the bayonet; IIRC, it's the old M1917(?) pattern, which I believe is one of the longer old style models. Nothing like a 12 bore and a foot of cold steel to make an impression :)

Jay G said...

Weer'd,

FWIW, it was your 590 that got me to thinking about getting... When I saw this one for sale in the NES classifieds at that price, well... She had to be mine!!!

MM,

It takes a standard M7 bayonet (for the M16). I ordered cheap knockoff off eBay for $10 to tide me over until the eeeevil gun show the end of next month...

Anonymous said...

You should have picked up some Remington green buckshot loads to alternate with the red shells. XD

SpeakerTweaker said...

That thing just exudes eeeevil. I love it!

Now I have to figure out the lyrics to "Jingle Shells" here...

Jingle Shells, Jingle Shells,
Jingle all the way!
Oh what fun
With an eeeevil gun
In Republik of M-A, HEY!

[/geek]



tweaker

Anonymous said...

"already got a Knoxx SpecOps recoil reducing, four-position adjustable stock on order"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this stock have an AR-ish pistol grip...and that Mossberg has a tang-mounted safety? Sounds like awkward moments needing to get thumb from "Here" to "There" are in your future.
(thought about doing the very same thing until someone I was eagerly describing my plans to pointed out the star-crossed ergos of the combo)

Kevin said...

I love my 590 also. I didn't get the heat shield with it, but it came with the speed-feed stock. Nice place to stash 4 shells. I keep two sabot solid copper slugs in the right side and two old school lead "punkin ball" slugs in the left. The tube is full of 00 Buck.

Damn impressive when you mount the bayonet on it, Maybe more than impressive, down right intimidating - as a good shotgun should be.