Saturday, December 13, 2008

Oh, The Humanity!

Alternate title: Christmas Choppin'...

In the interest of keeping the blaspheming to a bare minimum, I'll refrain from uttering several dozen iterations on the many colorful middle names of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Let's just say that the oppressive wall of "humanity" out shopping ostensibly for the celebration of His birth is far more suited to line the floor of the manger...

On the plus side, I managed to score some brass-cased 9mm for $9/box of 50, so it wasn't all bad...

Oh, yeah, and I have just about completed my Christmas shopping. The remainder will most likely be done online, as I do not relish another 45 minute wait in traffic only to find a store's shelves picked clean and naught but surly minwage seasonhelp to stand around with their thumbs up their asses...

That is all.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

AGRRRREEE!!! Please don't send me back out in that idiotic traffic!!! glad I'm pretty much done.

Sabra said...

Thank God I live in the land of reflexively polite people, and do not have to drive with them. I got the last of my Christmas shopping done today--at Wal-Mart, no less--and actually wasn't irritated a single time. I'm rather amazed with myself.

Jay G said...

Old NFO,

I don't mind wading through the oppressive throngs of humanity once in the store. It's sitting in my car for an unnecessary half-hour while every moron and their brother makes left turns from the right hand lane that gets the old BP through the roof...

Sabra,

That's pretty funny right there, as I'm planning on finishing my Xmas shopping at WalMart this week!