Thursday, August 13, 2009

Stuck, Indeed...

Last night, as I get the kids ready for bed, they were rewarded for getting ready with minimal prodding with a few minutes of TV before bedtime. They watched an episode of SpongeBob, then kicked over to Disney for the first few minutes of The Goofy Movie (don't ask. I have no idea). The few minutes we watched concerned Max, Goofy's son, going off to college. Goofy is upset about his little boy growing up, and apparently BabyGirl G. picked up on it.

Later on, I'm tucking her into bed, when I notice that she's crying. I mean real, honest-to-goodness tears here. I get down to her eye level and ask what's wrong. She turns, looks me right in the eye, and says,
"Daddy, I don't ever want to leave this house"

So, apparently, she will be going to the local Community College and living at home for the rest of her days.

Y'know, I'm good with that...

That is all.

5 comments:

RW said...

Penguins of Madagascar, baby.

That's one Disney show that I absolutely LOVE. We take turns being the characters & I currently switch between King Julien (I adopt the accent when calling "Maurrrrice") and Rico (as in, "Ricky"). Can't get enough of it.

Anonymous said...

Wait until she turns 15. You'll still love her to death...but you won't be able to wait for her to get out on her own...and take her moods and...um...feistiness...with her.

breda said...

She'll be 16 and asking for the car keys in no time.

Borepatch said...

Yeah, sure - you're happy with her living at home. But just wait until she has a husband, and he won't mow the grass ....

Bruce B. said...

You think you're going to get off cheap sending her to community college? Don't you live within commuting distance of MIT and Harvard?