Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Is In the Air...

...and what a wonderful feeling it is...

After the month or so of deluge after deluge, it appears that we're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and that light is no longer the warning light on top of the sump pump. We've had a run of 60ºF or better days; flowers are starting to poke their heads out of the ground; trees are starting to bud; animals are roaming the neighborhood on the prowl again; it's definitely springtime.

I picked my Harley up from winter storage last weekend, part of my own personal spring ritual, and was moderately flummoxed. For the first time in recent memory, it was neither pouring buckets nor below freezing - I've ridden the 30+ miles home (95% highway) at 25ºF before. This year, though, a warmer-than-average weekend meant that I rode home without two jackets and a sweatshirt - I didn't even need my chaps!

Took TheBoy out for the first ride together of the season on Sunday, too. It was his request - this was another first, as usually I'm dragging him with me just to get some saddle time in without leaving the Mrs. home with two fightin' kids. Now, though, it seems like he can't get enough time on the bike - he even asked last night on the ride home from karate if he and I could take a ride. This is an encouraging development - I may need to look into getting an intercom system like the Chatterbox for the bike so we can communicate on these rides.

He's getting much better at longer rides, too - this may even be the year he comes to Laconia with me...

That is all.

2 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

Dragged the grill out for the 2nd night in a row. (of course I had to drag out a ton of my basement stuff first...That'll all get put away this weekend)

Also I've been skipping a few parts of the Subway on my way into work, as to give me a little more of this precious fresh air!

Keep it coming!

Mopar said...

My friends who have had chatterboxes have been less then impressed, but then they are long distance, all weather riders. They might hold up better for fair weather 1000 mile a yr riders. :)
We have long range bluetooth Scala Rider Q2s and they are awesome for 2up or bike to bike. If you only want an intercom for 2up they make the same setup with the standard low power bluetooth (30ft range) for less money. The only bad thing about using them on group rides is they are not compatible with the FRS rigs everyone else has.