Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Charlotte Get-Together

Breda is organizing a shindig in Charlotte, a post-Convention pub crawl, a Southern soiree if you will:
So this year, I've decided to organize a little blogmeet in Charlotte. I found a passable Irish pub in Charlotte (Guinness and black pudding!) that was willing to accommodate us, and arranged to have space for up to 30 people reserved for 7 - 7:30PM on Saturday, May 15th. There will be dinner upstairs, a pub to hang out in afterward, a live band at 10:30, and a patio for those of us who want to enjoy the evening air. I don't know the Charlotte area and all of this was arranged via internet and telephone, so I really hope it's a nice time.
With the hostess with the mostest, I fail to see how it could be anything other than a nice time. I'm in; I got my response in before the sign-up closed. In any case, if you're going to be in Charlotte for the NRA convention, give a holler and we'll see if we can't work something out. I've found, through the many blogmeets I've organized, that any time you get a group of like-minded, friendly, outgoing people together it's a good time.

Hope to see you in Charlotte!

That is all.

3 comments:

libertyman said...

I will be at college graduation, and have to miss this year. Would have liked to join you, perhaps you can plan another local event while you are there to discuss your trip. Have a great time!

Nancy R. said...

We'll be there. Looking forward to meeting everyingone!

Nancy R. said...

"everyingone"?

We'll be there. Looking forward to meeting y'all!"