Thursday, May 20, 2010

Getting Noticed...

Had an interesting experience when I stopped by the LaserMax booth at the NRA convention. I wanted to stop by and see if my contact was there (come to find out that he didn't make the convention from what I could garner), so I swung by their booth to see what was going on. Looking down the table at all the really neat offerings, I saw the Colt foregrip laser like I have on my Bushmaster. I pointed it out to Weer'd Beard and asked if it looked familiar. He wasn't sure what I meant, so I mentioned that it was the same foregrip I had on my Bushie that I had reviewed.

It was that point when the guy working that section of the counter recognized me. "You're Jay G.!" He then turned to the other guy working the booth and pointed me out. I'm not sure if I should take this as a good thing, or if perhaps I've become the "Where's Waldo" of the gunnie community. Look for Jay! He could be anywhere...

In any case, it was neat to be noticed...

That is all.

9 comments:

TXGunGeek said...

So, next will be a picture from the air over Knob Creek with the caption, "Where's Jay?"!

Jay G said...

SPOT THE GUN NUT!

Anonymous said...

Well now you will have to "upgrade" your wardrobe with Harry Potter glasses, a red and white striped shirt and stoking cap to make you more "outstanding".

hehe.

Weer'd Beard said...

Heh, No I was looking for Waldo over at Bushmaster. (My Buddy Waldo from Maine works for Bushy)

Mike W. said...

I'm still getting over Rick Ector & others seeing me and enthusiastically going "Hey, I read you all the time, you're on my blogroll."

I'm consistently amazed anyone reads my ramblings.

You're pretty loud Jay, it's hard not to notice you. Plus the convention center lights shine off your head. :)

Jay G said...

Heh.

"Pretty loud". I think that's what Danielle said about me...

Old NFO said...

LOL- Fame, however fleeting... :-)

TOTWTYTR said...

You're starting to build a strong reputation as a gun blogger and I couldn't be happier for you. You've certainly put in enough effort to get where you are.

Maybe next year I can go to the NRA convention and bask in the glow of your light!

Weer'd Beard said...

""Pretty loud". I think that's what Danielle said about me..."

While punching you IIRC. : ]

Never a bad thing when a pretty woman hits you!