Saturday, June 26, 2010

Interesting Times Indeed

I'll reiterate what I said last month: technology is amazing. I'm blogging from my in-laws' backyard, watching the kids play in the kiddie pool, the grown-ups digesting their burgers and dogs, and the rest of the group remaining inside to enjoy the AC. I'm sitting in a camp chair taking everything in, using a piece of technology that, 30 years ago, would have existed only in science fiction.

I can only imagine what the next 30 years will bring...

That is all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

30 years? I better be blogging from my jet pack...

notDilbert said...

....and only 55 years ago, all Commercial Aircraft had propellers, some guys in Califorina had just invented transistors but had yet convince people how they might replace thoose nice reliable vacuum tubes, TV's ( if you had one) had maybe 3 channels and they were all Black and white. and when you needed to call someone from my grandmother's you picked up the phone, checked to see that no one else was on the line, and then clicked the hook a number of times so you could tell Mable who you wanted to call.

......and I'm counting on that next 30 years.......There better be that flying car Popular Mechanics promised soon.

Stretch said...

In 30 years when steering my flying car to the range I'll still have a 1911 on my hip.

Mike W. said...

Gotta love the iPhone eh?

dustydog said...

50% chance of flying cars, 50% chance you'll be trying to convince your grandchildren that you lived in a house with electricity. "Har har grandpay, you ain't royalty! How could you afford electricty? I suppose you had an automobile." Then you'll go into town for your water ration.

Anonymous said...

Just gotta point out to NotDilbert thsat the "claim" to inventing the transister falls to Bell Labs in Murrey Hill, NJ, though I think at least one of the lead scientists was from Kalifornia. Of course, history shows they really just developed(stole) an idea Julius Lilienfeld had patented 20yrs earlier. Oppps.

Anonymous said...

We also had a real President in R. Regan.
And the aftermath of a Jimmy Carter.
Look what we have today.
Cripes.....a pResident!