Monday, August 23, 2010

I Love the Modern Age...

I'm sitting in McDonald's in a rest area waiting for BabyGirl G. to finish her lunch (go figure) and dragged out the Eee to do a little surfing before we get to the campground. We went a combination of old school and new media - Mrs. G picked up a bunch of tourist brochures, and I hit the web to get some addresses and directions to tourist attractions that we might be interested in. Because we're camping, it is raining for three days straight, the first significant rain we've had all summer...

Oh well, it'll give me a chance to read "Unintended Consequences" (thanks PISSED!).

That is all.

4 comments:

PISSED said...

Jay... you're welcome!!

Enjoy..I had trouble putting it down and I expect a full book report in the coming weeks :)

Michael in CT said...

I can see I'm not the only one who has the Vacation Rain Curse. Setting up a tent in the rain really sucks and so does being stuck in the tent and a screen house all day when it's raining. Three years in the Army National Guard cured me of the desire to camp, now I'm all AC, flush toilets and decent resturants.

jimbob86 said...

"Because we're camping, it is raining for three days straight, the first significant rain we've had all summer..."


Betcha the Russkies would pay you (at first) to put up a tent over there....

Anonymous said...

UC is a great read! The first time I read it, I was on vacation and finished it in two days. Great stuff!