Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vote

This post is aimed at my fellow inmates here in MA. Today we have primary elections in Massachusetts, with not only State and US representatives up for election, but also the Governor and Lt. Governor. Voting takes place from 7 AM until 8 PM, and you can find your local voting area here.

I want to start by urging everyone to take a page out of my #1 blogson's book: VOTE THEM OUT. If the person on your ballot is running as an incumbent, vote for the other person. But be careful, in certain races - like for MA Attorney general - some candidates (almost certainly Democrats) are running unopposed. Yes, Martha "I lost Ted Kennedy's Senate Seat to a Republican" Coakley is running unopposed for MA AG.

Please write in a candidate for the GOP to oppose Martha. I endorse Jim McKenna to run against Coakley in the general election, as he's got a 100% rating from GOAL with regards to 2A issues (and he's not Martha Coakley). He's also, as I pointed out above, not the incumbent. He's even got handy cards you can print out and take with you that show how to write him in as a candidate. Please take a moment, review his position, and, if you agree that we need change (and to vote the incumbents the hell out), please write his name in for Attorney General.

Help us to start voting the bums out tomorrow to send the message than they ignore us at their own political peril.

That is all.

Thanks to reader Jeremy for the link to Jim's website and for urging me to write this post.

2 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

I totally brain farted getting the Mrs. out of the house and to the Poll (She was happy to take a turn around the neighborhood) that I left the neatly printed index card of McKenna on my Desk, and I totally brain-farted on his name at the poll!

DOH!! Hopefully he'll get his 10,000 despite my dropping the ball...

wolfwalker said...

I do not understand how Coakley has the nerve to show her face in public, much less run for re-election, after becoming "The One Who Lost Ted Kennedy's Seat to a [gasp! shock!! horror!!!] Republican.