Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Welcome to the 80s!

Man shot, killed while burglarizing home off Dauphin Island Parkway

MOBILE, Ala. -- Mobile police say a man who was burglarizing a home off Dauphin Island Parkway was shot and killed Thursday night.

A resident of the home on the 1300 block of Driftwood Drive North shot and killed 19-year-old Marcus Steele as he was trying to enter the home, said Mobile Police Officer Chris Levy.
The story is, as all defensive gun use stories, quite thin on details. There's some indication that there may be prior history between the deceased and the shooter, but unless and until we hear otherwise, this goes in the DGC as a righteous shooting. Someone who's not supposed to be there is coming in your house through the window, you're fully justified in sending him to meet his maker.

Dead Goblin Count: 80

On a side note, there's 60 days left in the year - it would be especially nice to have 100 Dead Goblins to round out 2010, so keep the stories coming!

That is all.

Tip 'o' the keyboard to FarmDad in Gunblogger Conspiracy chat - thanks FD!

2 comments:

ASM826 said...

When I saw the post title I was expecting big hair and Trans-Am pictures.

Atom Smasher said...

Hey, I was born in Mobile, AL! Moved to TN before I hit the 1 year mark though.

When my family lived there there was a burglar scare in the neighborhood so my dad went to the hardware store and bought some awful little .32cal revolver that I acquired upon his passing. I was hoping it would be rare, but I looked it up and it turns out that it's just rare that anyone kept the little mistakes. :)