Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A GBC Christmas

A bunch of us (two dozen IIRC) over at the Gunblogger Conspiracy decided to hold a gunnie Secret Santa, spearheaded by PDB. He asked us to:
Please post a comment to this post when you have opened yours! Don’t forget to mention what you got, from whom, and whether it sucks or not! Links to blog posts and pictures are encouraged.
Well, here's what I got from Farmmom:



Heh.

For starters, the present came with a note on it: "From your secret santa. You've been a very naughty boy!" They know me!

I opened the present to find a "Hello Kitty" purse with "Jay's Murse" written on the inside - an inside joke around the GBC with several posters (most prominently alan, who was showing off his iPad-totin' murse at the NRA convention in May). Inside the purse were a Gerber mini-paraframe and a Smith's sharpening stone - an absolutely PERFECT gift, as I've been relying on our old CutCo sharpener for my pocket knives, and it's really better suited for kitchen knives. I haven't had a proper sharpening stone in ages, and this is the perfect thing to get me back into keeping proper care of my pocket knives.

Thanks Farmmom - your Secret Santa gift was AWESOME!

That is all.

1 comment:

Weer'd Beard said...

That sharpener looks wicked sweet, Jay. BTW I'm getting quite the sharpening kit accumulated these days. If you ever want to slap a wicked edge on any or all your blades bring 'em over, we'll put on something good in the Armory and get to work!