Sunday, January 9, 2011

Five Second Recap...

There will be many more words about the Third Annual Northeast Blogger Winter Social. I have literally a gross of pictures to cull through from both the SigSauer tour and the dinner as well as pictures from others being sent in. There will be a full review posted tomorrow; but for now a few quick observations:

1. The Sig guys are consummate professionals. The tour of the facility was first-rate (even if I did get lost - D'OH!); the classroom time was engaging and fun (and we got to fondle coon finger inspect many offerings from Sig (including something that hasn't been introduced yet!).

2. Even with well over two dozen folks at the dinner, many of whom were armed, the only disagreements of which I am aware occurred at the pool tables over whether one needed to call one's shots other than at the 8-ball. Gunnies is good people.

3. JD's wife was easily the most enthusiastic about the tour, which is a pretty amazing feat considering that we were *all* pretty excited.

4. I am *totally* going back for at least the "Handgun 102" course and possibly the intermediate course as well. There was talk of a Northeast blogger group course, we should look into that.

It was a rockin' good time, and like Libertyman said, we should do this more often.

That is all.

9 comments:

scotaku said...

So sorry that I had to miss the funtivities. Life has taken over for a while, but I must assert that I was there in spirit, if not in corpus.

And you pretty much have to call your shot in 8-ball. It's just the way it is. Or am I too late for that one?

I hope you all had a great time!

scotaku

Paul, Dammit! said...

Yup, we SHOULD do this more often- this makes year three that I'm stuck elsewhere at the appointed date and time :P

Chad said...

Definitely going to hit the "handgun 102" course. I can't speak for anybody else, but I had a hell of a good time. Huge thank you to Jay for putting this together.

Wally said...

It was a great time. Waking up this morning and getting back to the real world just plain hurt.

Anonymous said...

Handgun 102 wouldnt be my personal first choice but sounds like a good class for the group. I think all but the most advanced shooters could probably take away something from that.
Cher and I would be in.

Anonymous said...

Though I think most of us would qualify to take handgun 103.

Anonymous said...

The sig folks were just great, George was kind enough to walk me thru the handgun sizing area and even make some suggestion on grip without making me feel like the newbie I am.

Maybe if the group class is held in the spring, those of us who could use a lower level class could have the time to take it and feel qualified for the level 3 with the rest you gunnies.

Just a suggestion

B

Lissa said...

We LOOOOOVED the Handgun 103 course, but it was kind of necessary for us to take the Handgun 102 to get the most out of it. (You get used to how SIG like to do business.) Handgun 103 is where we shot from a sitting position, got up, walked back behind cover, shot from a crouch, and shot from a squat.

In groups of five.

Side by side with no barriers.

Fabulous way to spend my birthday :)

Bräuista said...

Total awesomeness! Great time.