Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Seen At the NRA Convention...

This was a big crowd pleaser:

AR50

It's an Armalite AR50 50 BMG single-shot bolt-action rifle. This is their National Match model, one of their premiere .50 BMG target rifles. It's impressive as all hell, and for the money - and what it is - one hell of a nice rifle. But we really felt it needed a little something extra. Call it the "MArooned Touch" if you will...

Heh

I've gotta say, even with the bolt out and light shining down the bore, that's one scary sight...

That is all.

5 comments:

Mikael said...

Marooned touch... where's the bayonet!?

Stretch said...

Is is Mass. legal?

Jay G said...

Heh. No lug. Besides, it'd hit that ginormous muzzle brake...

And yes. It is 100% MA legal. It's bolt-action, so there's no AWB compliance...

Jake (formerly Riposte3) said...

Nice. I wish I could afford one.

And you're right. It's amazing how unnerving it is staring down a barrel even when you know absolutely that it's safe. I got swept in a gun shop one day by a guy looking at a 1911. I knew for a fact that the gun wasn't loaded because I could see the firing pin from my vantage point at the end of the muzzle.

I still moved, and it still pissed me off.

Robert said...

I once was the focus of a local LEO's .357 while he was responding to a robbery at the wrong store. I laugh at the size of the bore on your puny .50. His handgun was MUCH bigger...