Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bulldog!

Richard reviews the Charter Arms Bulldog over at The Firearm Blog.

Ever since I talked with Nick Ecker of Charter Arms at last year's convention I've been impressed with the company, albeit with no direct knowledge of their product. Richard's review indicates that the revolvers they are producing are up to snuff, which is good to know indeed. I had a .44 Special revolver at one point in time, a Taurus model 431 with a 3" barrel, and while it shot just fine, it was expensive to feed and I wound up selling it to fund another pistol (that I would later go on to sell as well). At at MSRP just north of $450, it might be worth another shot.

I do love me some big-bore revolvers, and have been getting mighty scarce in that department...

That is all.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Ahem


;)

Chris said...

Oh I see. Pay no mind to me, but the famouser blog blogs about the Bulldog and you pay attention. :) BTW the Blue and Stainless are under $400

Guffaw in AZ said...

I used to know a guy who had an original (70's) BD. It was paingul to shoot. Hr did, however, have the bbl cut to 2" and carried it in an ankle rig for years.
HE loved it!


wv: arfle - doggie disapproval

Mad Saint Jack said...

CCI Blazer has a nice load that is a stealth Gold Dot.

Good deal for a 50 rd box.

Oh look Oleg has pics.

http://olegvolk.net/blog/2011/04/26/charter-arms-44spl-bulldog-with-cci-flying-ashtrays/

Old NFO said...

I know y'all like those things, but I'll pass :-)