Friday, November 18, 2011

Bag That Thought...

Some guy you may have heard of reviews some gear haulin' bags...

I'll second both the Maxpedition and LA Police Gear bags. I had a chance to take a look at the bag Unc picked up at the NRA convention, and it was pretty impressive. It didn't scream Mall Ninja, but had enough accessories and pockets and such to keep even the hardcore gunnie happy. And we all know how much Unc likes to accessorize, so... The LA Police gear is my "backup" range bag - on larger outings (like when I'm taking a couple new shooters to the range) it holds all the safety gear one could ever need for a party of six - with room to spare.

Go take a read and see the offerings for three different levels of gear hauling.

That is all.

3 comments:

Dave H said...

It's nice to see stuff in the $20-$30 price range being recommended. I've known backpackers who insisted a $400 pack was barely adequate.

I use a 12-can soft side cooler as a range bag. It has a plastic tub inside so it keeps its shape. Everything for a range trip except long guns and sandbags fits inside. My one complaint is it only has a shoulder strap. I'd really like to have a handle on top too.

Alan said...

I use one of those LA Police gear bug out bags for my offsite computer stuff. A couple of notebook computers, cables, WiFi AP, small tools.

Works great and it was free with a pair of 5.11 pants.

Mikael said...

I've known backpackers who insisted a $400 pack was barely adequate.

Mine was bought for ~$30-35(800 bath actually) in thailand on my first trip there(I went there with just a small gym bag worth of stuff). It's been my main bag on two more extensive trips, including a 6 month one, to two continents. 80+20L, brand says Lowe Alpine, no idea if it's original or knock-off.

I've totalled over a year abroad with that bag.