Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday Morning Musings

Man, I blinked and another weekend flew by...

On that note, some random brain drippings thoughts before I jump in the fire...


  • 47ºF leaving the house this morning. Not quite the low 30ºs of last week, but still way too freakin' cold for mid-May... I am not a happy camper that my furnace is still kicking on, especially with home heating oil approaching $4/gallon. I'm going to have to look into heating my house with something less expensive, like Faberge eggs or spotted owls...

  • Saw on the news this morning that Boston Mayor "Mumbles" Menino is spearheading a "Bay State Bike Week". Two things immediately sprang to mind: 1. Where does the mayor of Boston get off proclaiming a state-wide anything; and 2. They claimed that Mumbles was riding his bike in this event, yet provided no footage. One can only surmise that they couldn't keep hizzoner upright long enough for stills...

  • Speaking of bike week, only one month until Laconia. Woo Hoo! Time to give the ol' scoot a cleaning and a shining...

  • Last up: Idiot. Someone please explain to me exactly how one forgets that one has a loaded gun in their carry-on luggage? I mean, a bottle of water, maybe. A tube of toothpaste, sure. A loaded gun? Idon'tfuckin'thinkso... And besides that, a .22LR? Dude, seriously...

That is all.

5 comments:

Sigivald said...

Natural gas is the way to go.

Plus, gas stove, as a side-effect.

dr mac said...

Interesting, as the California Attorney General's office states no gun registration is required except for assault weapons and imported personal firearms.

Hmmmmmmm.

He is still a idiot.

SpeakerTweaker said...

Loaded gun in your briefcase, and you forgot? My God, dude is a blight upon humanity.

I'm with you. I could see forgetting alot of things, but NO ONE is gonna forget a firearm, let alone a LOADED firearm, in their regular luggage.

Dennis Farina is teh dummasss.



tweaker

Anonymous said...

An Israeli guy I know had to drop his pistol off at the Israeli embassy in New York City after he found it in his Carry On in his hotel room in NY.

He had forgotten it in his bag in Israel and somehow made it through airport security in Israel and the US.

The embassy shipped it home in the diplomatic mail for him.



DoubleTapper
DoubleTapper@gmail.com
DoubleTapper, blogging on Guns Politics Defense from Israel

Jay G said...

sigivald,

Natural gas - not having a sense of smell, gas worries me. As in, if there's ever a leak, I'll blow the house to matchsticks...

dr mac,

We've got de facto registration here in MA - the only way one can have an "unregistered" gun with the state of MA is to move in with said firearm.

I'd wager the number of "unregistered" guns would be low single digit percentage of all guns in MA...

tweaker,

Yeah, I just don't get it. I mean, a small knife on a keychain, sure. A fixed-blade knife in a duffel bag? Maybe. But a freakin' handgun IN A CARRYON bag?!?!?!?!?!

doubletapper,

That's pretty wild that he made it through Israeli security. I mean, those cats pretty much wrote the book on thorough, didn't they?

I'd wager NY missed it expressly for that reason - they didn't bother checking too had 'cuz they figured there was no way he'd have made it out of Israel...