Thursday, May 8, 2008

Non-Friday Gun Pr0n...

My favorite librarian posts about her first pistol, a Bersa .380.

Ah, the .380 ACP. What a versatile round. I've got a teeny-tiny Kel-Tec P3AT that carries 6+1 rounds for a grand total of like 11 ounces, all the way up to a Makarov that carries 8+1 rounds at what's gotta be at least 2 pounds... I've also got a 13+1 Browning BDA, and Dad's got a Sig 232 (6 or 7+1, I don't remember off the top of my head).

Shot placement is key with the .380, as it's at the lower end of what I would consider acceptable power for a self-defense piece, so practice, practice, practice Breda!

And congrats. There's nothing like your first gun. My first firearm was a Ruger Security Six in .357 Magnum. My first pistol was the Russian Makarov in .380 ACP - so we got the same caliber for our first auto-chucker. 'Course, I got mine back when you were in high school... ;)

That is all.

2 comments:

JD said...

I love my Markarov. . . I kinda think of it as a mached set with the AK clone (WASR10) I have. Both fun to shoot.

breda said...

so practice, practice, practice Breda!

Yes, sir!