Thursday, May 8, 2008

Still A Teenager @ Heart...

...especially when there's 345 HP at the press of a pedal...

Come to a 4-way stop, I commit the cardinal sin of actually, y'know, stopping. My penance, apparently, was for the drivers on the other three roads to completely and utterly ignore the rules and continue to proceed, most of them without even slowing down. After three cars from each street had cut me off, I had had enough.

Authoritative application of the gofastinator, in reduced-friction environment, produces an effect known as "fishtailing". Sometimes confused with the old-school affectation known as the "posi-hop". Broke the rear tires loose, shimmied the back end side-to-side, then a split-second off the gas to bring it back straight and get-r-gone.

The look on the yuppie in the Saab's face was priceless. Worth the extra $3 in gas burned...

Yep. Deep down inside, I'm still 16 years old.

That is all...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jay, more often than not, you provide a daily flashback to the good ol' days!

Weer'd Beard said...

And of course do that wonderous move through a corner you get the old-school term "Broady" which is often called by the kids with the loud steiros in $10,000 POS import cars with $15,000 worth of crap hanging off of them as a "Drift Turn"

or called by the people who write about cars that cost more than my house as a "power slide"

BTW because of my age I have no earthly idea what "Posi-hop" is. IIRC it should have somthing to do with a limeted slip differential.....

Mike W. said...

You make me wish I had a RWD car again. All stomping on the gas gets me is axle hop, or torque steer if I'm in a corner. Of course I have this ingenious thing called traction control telling me to calm down the right foot. Luckily that can be turned off.

knitalot3 said...

Cha Ching$$$