Saturday, July 19, 2008

T-Minus 21 Hours and Counting...

Less than one day until the 2008 Northeast Blogger Shoot...

Holy shit I am pumped for this... Went out this morning and bought more ammo... (Side note: Bruce, Gene's got a NIB Rough Rider .22LR single-action revolver for $180... Just sayin'...)

The grand total of victims targets is 8 laundry detergent jugs (2.5 gallon) and 20 2L soda bottles. Plus assorted paper targets. And a keyboard - I figure we can string it up, arrange a firing squad, and sacrifice it to the gods of Writer's Block...

21 hours. 1,260 minutes. 75,600 seconds. 75,599 seconds. 75,...

That is all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah! I'm bringing a cooler with plenty of ice and bottled water, two pop-up tent shelters, extra chairs, possibly a folding table or two. Might as well have extra stuff.

Oh yeah, and guns. And ammo. And Furby. Heh.

Borepatch said...

I posted a pic of the targets - the little guys may be better for pistolieros, but riflemen may like the challenge. Plus some bigger stuff.

I've got Gatorade and Meat, and will bring a Box-o-Joe or two.

Jay, this is awesome. Thanks for setting it up.

Weer'd Beard said...

I raided the neighbor's recycling bin for a few more bottles. And today I hit both the Stop N Shop AND the Shaws for thier "Priced to sell" crappy produce!

Will there be a tap to fill the jugs n stuff with water or should I fill them at home?

Jay G said...

Liberty,

The Furby rules. I think we should "teach" it to say "Global Warming Will Kill Us All" before we send it to the great recycling bin in the hereafter...

Ted,

Sweeeeet... I like it...

Weer'd,

It's better to fill the jugs beforehand. If you want, we can fill them @ my house before loading into the truck...

Anonymous said...

Jay,
I hit WallyWorld last night and bought a box of 90 clay pigeons to add into the mix.

One more small but important point -- with today's forecast, are we calling a rain delay or not?

- Brad