Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday Gun Pr0n #126

Today's Gun Pr0n is one of the oldies but goodies in the G. armory:

Stevens 311A

Here's yet another locally-made gun, a Stevens model 311A side-by-side 12 gauge shotgun. The J. Stevens Arms company was founded in 1864 in Chicopee, MA. Stevens was purchased by Savage Arms in the 1920s and continues to offer low-cost, high-quality shotguns today. The 28" barrel is an excellent length for skeet shooting, although the straight buttstock transmits most of the recoil directly into one's shoulder (hence the obvious slip-on recoil pad marks...)

If it only had exposed hammers, it could be the start of the perfect coach gun...

That is all.

2 comments:

Paladin said...

I had one years ago, when I was in college, and I loved it to death. My 311A was my favorite all around rabbit/squirrel/bird gun.

Unfortunately it became a choice between keeping her, and feeding my Wife and Child - since we were broke most of the time while I was in school. I paid my bills by selling guns on more than one occasion back in those days.

I'll get another double, one day.

big rig said...

I have one. Had it since I was way to little to shoot it. Love it...